cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tracing the Documents Changes in the SolMan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I've tried to upload a document in the "project documentation" tab in SOLAR01, and its status was released, I tried to change it to see if the history will bring every transaction or edit has done on the document, but it only show the date of creation

Do anyone has a solution for this? How can I trace the document changes?

Also I'm always find these (Permissions) you can't edit, until I click on "Stop Protection"

Last Question:

What is the difference between "Project Documentation" tab and "General Documentation" tab??

Thanks a lot, and waiting for your valuable answers

Hatem

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can find the History of the Document under ATTRIBUTES of the document.

Select Document->ATTRIBUTES->HISTORY tab.

If you are using Implementation project based on a Template, there comes this General Documentation.

General Documentation is done in your Template project and all those General Docs will be available to all your implementation project which uses this Template.

Project Documentation holds docs only to that particular project.

Thnx,

Waseem.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

May be I wasn't that clear,

You've solved my problem (of tracing), but I'm not sure what is the use of the History button in this screen (when we click history automatic)

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot,

But about the history issue, I'm clicking on this button but also it gives me only 1 record which is "who created this document and when"

RajeevP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In addition to what Waseem said:

"All the documentation delivered by SAP is in the form of general documentation. You can reorder or download documents or

copy them for processing to the Project Documentation tab. These documents take the form of scenario descriptions, installation guides,or interface descriptions." If you are creating a template project, you can create your General documents so that it can be used in other project where your current project is used as a template.

In short, General documents are not specific to the projects. They are the general information attached with your project based on the selected template or road map. Project documentation is the one which you create for your project specific information , which even can be a copy of your Gen. Documenation.

Rajeev