cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CTS+ configuration for NWDI - Development configuration error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I really need some help on this. we are configuring CTS+ on Solution Manager system for NWDI, EP landscape (EPD, EPQ,EPP) and SLD system.

we made EPD as development system and trying to use CM Services to configure the NWDI scenario SDA/SDC Deployment.

I have created all NON-ABAP systems and created the CTSDEPLOY Http connections. I am getting the popup to configure the Development Configuration,"What is the User I have to use here and of which system?" and what are the authorizations required to configure this.

As soon as the popup comes, It is asking for the user ID and Password. I am entering Solution Manager (Admin user with all CMS actions also assigned) user then it is giving the following error on the screen. " Could not connect to SLD; contact your System Administrator: User SAPNWDI is not allowed to do this function "

I have give the SLD url correctly, and the admin user for SLD and Password. I have cross checked the user for password, every thing is fine.

I really appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Ramu J.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member227283
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/90d3b550-b6fb-2910-0fa5-ece5d61fb...

Hi Ramu,

Pls answer me for below.

specified SLQ as my SLD

You said SLQ is you SLD, but You configuring CTS on solution manager. but solution manager has its own SLD.

a. SMG solution manager SLD

b. SLQ is also SLD

If there is two sld then you should get error

" Could not connect to SLD; contact your System Administrator: User SAPNWDI is not allowed to do this function "

This is becuase you are giving the user which is present in SLQ SLD but CTS is checking the Solution manager SLD.

For CTS you should have centralied SLD.

Can you tell me one more thing, in CTSDEPLOY do I need to give the SMG host and port number or EPD's host and Port number?

You have to specify the host and port in CTSDEPLOY of the system on which CTS contoller should work i.e EPD or SMG.

To resolve your all this problem first of all make the SLD as central . i.e Make solution manager ( CLQ ) as SLD or SLD system in you landscape ( SLQ ) as SLD.

don't keep two different SLD . If you keep Solman as its own SLD then CTS will search component from SMG SLD

Pls follow the guide

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/90d3b550-b6fb-2910-0fa5-ece5d61fb...

Could not connect to SLD; contact your System Administrator: User SAPNWDI is not allowed to do this function

Can you tell us in which system this SAPNWDI user is present

Check the SLD of of system in which SAPNWDI user i present

system is whether in SMG SLD or SLQ SLD

If you are not clear with my above suggestion pls let me know.

Thanks

Anil

Edited by: Anil Bhandary on Oct 24, 2009 10:28 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

1. I have created the similar user on Solution manager SLD and also SLQ, but it is giving the same error. One more question your saying that it is trying to check in solution manager SLD but when I have selected development configuration check box, I have mentioned the SLQ as the SLD to use not the Solution Manager SLD.

Irrespective of what is the SLD specified in the development configuration of EPD it is opening the SMG webpage for user name and password.

http://smg.abc.com:55100/logon/logonServlet?redirectURL=%2Fwebdynpro%2Fdispatcher%2Fsap.com%2Ftc%7Ed...

Is it mandatory to use the Solution Manager SLD for development configuration? How to define a SLD as central SLD?

I don't want to use solution manager SLD for NWDI say, what will be the solution.

2. Regarding CTSDEPLOY you said

You have to specify the host and port in CTSDEPLOY of the system on which CTS contoller should work i.e EPD or SMG

I have SMG as my CTS+ system and EPD as Non-ABAP Development system so which system I should give to transport requests in the EP landscape.From the concept of CTS Deploy Web service, " The Deploy Web Service Client of the ABAP stack of CTS+ will call the Deploy Web Service of the Java Stack (CTS+ system's) to initiate the Non-ABAP transport". Please correct me if I am wrong.

3. The user SAPNWDI, I have created in both the SLD's ( Solution Manager SLD and SLQ sld) to troubleshoot this error.

If you don't mind can you tell me the scenario which you have implemented?

Thanks,

Ramu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

Thank you for your help. I have solved the issue. It was some authorizations issue and I gave all the admin roles and it is working fine.

-Ramu J

former_member227283
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ramu,

While creating CTSDEPLOY rfc in SMG system for EPD , which username & password you specified in Logon & Security tab.

Thanks

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

I have created a user as per the help.sap.com. I have created a user called CTSC_RFC and gave him the necessary CMSDeploy actions.

Can you tell me one more thing, in CTSDEPLOY do I need to give the SMG host and port number or EPD's host and Port number?

Thank you very much for your quick reply.

-Ramu J

former_member227283
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi RAmu,

For EPD development configuration i am using other SLD

Which is this other SLD.

Can you describe more , when you are getting popup ,at what stage.

Are you getting popup , while creating java stack in TMS domain controller

tyr with j2ee_admin & its password.

let us know the status

Thanks

Anil

Edited by: Anil Bhandary on Oct 23, 2009 9:45 PM

Edited by: Anil Bhandary on Oct 23, 2009 9:56 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Anil,

We have EP landscape with EPD,EPQ,EPP and a SLD (SID: SLQ) and NWDI (SID: NWD) and Solution manager (SID: SMG - CTS+). I have added the EP systems as Non- ABAP systems in SMG and specified SLQ as my SLD. and created CTSDEPLOY https connection with SMG as host and its port.

As soon as I add the EPD configuration in SMG (CTS+) it is opening a pop up. which is asking for user id and password. I have also tried j2ee_admin, still it is giving the same error. " Could not connect to SLD; contact your System Administrator: User SAPNWDI is not allowed to do this function ". The sapnwdi user has j2ee_admin rights, CMService actions, LCRinstance Writerall, all CMSDeploy action. but still it is giving the same error. I have logged in as admin on 000 client.

What is this DI_USER? I have given this user admin access in SLD (SLQ), but still it is the same case.

Is it a problem with any back end configuration with respect to SLD? so when it is asking for user ID and password, is it the password of CTS+ (SMG) user or EPD user? I think it is SMG user only because it is opening the webpage with SMG's url and some extention. Is it related to nameserver configuration?

My one more doubt is, in CTSDEPLOY do I need to give connection details for EPD or my CTS+ (SMG) system? I am little bit confused.

Your help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Ramu J

RajeevP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you maintained the details in RZ70 correctly?

Rajeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

Thanks for the reply, I have maintained those details correctly. For EPD development configuration i am using other SLD not Solman SLD.

-Ramu J