cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JRE Vesion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi XI Gurus

I am not able to go into Message Monitoring or Component Monitoring within Runtime workbench. I believe it may be due to wrong version JRE. Although I can work fine with IR and ID for most part but for some buttons are disabled in Message Mapping within IR. We are on Netweaver 04/XI3.0 support pak 20.0 and My desktop runs

Windows Vista Enterprise 32 bit Service pack 2

Internet Explorer version 7.0

Java 6 SE update 13 (build 1.6.0_13-b03)

Can anyone suggest, what should be JRE version to get rid of the problems I am facing? If possible, please also paste the web link to download the necessary JRE version.

Thanks

Rajesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

XI 3.0 Support pack 19 and below is not compatible with IE7.0. Nothing else worked so i installed Mozilla Firefox and my RWB started working fine. I will use two browsers now onwards.

Thanks everyone for contributing to the solution.

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

This is a proble withh IE7.0

Check note 981710.

IE7 is not supported before SP19 on XI3.0 and SP10 on NW2004s

Regrads

Suraj

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When your machine has 2 jre's you will face this type of problem,my advice to you uninstall JRE6 and refresh the cookis details.check once.use only one JDK 1.4.2 version.

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Raj

I have only one version 1.4.2. I uninstalled other version before installing 1.4.2.

Thanks

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sarvesh and Amir for quick response.

I installed JRE suggested by you (of course after uninstalling original JRE) on my desktop. It resolved one of the problem i.e. buttons are no longer disabled in Message Mapping within IR but my other problem remains i.e. I am not able to go into Message Monitoring or Component Monitoring within Runtime workbench. Any ideas?

Thanks

Rajesh?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you click on Component Monitoring what is the error that you are facing

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Vamsi

I am seeing error message symbol in bottom left corner of browser. When i double click it, i see a window which is listing following errors on different lines.

ur_txt is undefined

Object Expected

_htmlbMessageBar is Undefine

Let me know if it helps?

Thanks

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Un-Install every thing related to Java from your Machine using control pannel

And then goto

http://java.sun.com/products/archive/index.html

Download the content against J2SDK/J2RE - 1.4 & install it.

And also try this Blog once

/people/sameer.shadab/blog/2005/11/27/java-web-start

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Reconfigure your Java webstart as mentioned in this blog and then try.. also clear the history from your browser and then try..

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs;jsessionid=(J2EE3417100)ID1806074550DB20170191256102440956End...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try one more thing. Open your Java Webstart and then follow this path

File ---> Preferences --->Java Tab ---> now eanble on java 1.4.2_xx just by checking the checkbox. Uncheck other one.

By doing so, it will allow you to keep all java version in your system (if you want to keep them due to some reason).

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Sarvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sarvesh

I have only one version 1.4.2 on my machine and i confirmed the way you said.

Thanks

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

Solution to your problem has been mentioned in the below thread

Thanks

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Aamir

It is mentioned in the the thread that RWB problem with IE7.0 still remains to be resolved. The note mentioned there resolved Web Dynpro problem.

However that thread gave me an idea that Mozilla Firefox may resolve this issue and it indeed did. I downloaded and installed Mozilla Firefox and it imported all my links etc. RWB was working fine with that.

Thanks for pointing me to that thread.

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the update.

I always use Firefox for PI.i saw a smilar issue while accessing "Alert rule" in Internet explorer. Firefox worked fine then as well.

Thanks

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

You need to have Java 1.4.2 on your system for XI 3.0

Java 1.4.2 is not under support phase from Sun now so you will find it in their archive

http://java.sun.com/products/archive/j2se/1.4.2_19/index.html

Just download J2SE JRE from the above link

Thanks

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes this problem is all because of Java version. For XI 3.0 you have to use Java 1.4.2.xx

You can find it on sun java site.

http://java.sun.com/products/archive/j2se/1.4.2_06/index.html

Regards,

Sarvesh