cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

change Sales Order Item Category for a configurable material with config

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

My problem is related to Variant configuration. We have a requirement that depending on the ordered quantity and required replenishment lead time the business scenario for a configurable will get changed. that means some characteristics value selection will trigger the business scenario to be followed, whether it will be Make to Order, Buy to Order or 3rd Party drop-ship order. and the business process to be followed will be triggerd by the Item category to be selected in the sales order line item.

so , the requirement is to change the item category of the sales order line item with the carecteristiocs value selection in the variant configuration screen. As we know, when ever the material is getting entered in to the sales order line item, depending on the Item category group in the material master data the item category in the sales order line item used to get determined. after that when we are selecting the characteristics value set in the variant configurator, systen shoud chage the already determined item category of the sales order.

Hope I have clearly furnished my problem and requirement. Can anyone show me the way to fulfil my requirement. Any further clarification requirement to understand and resolve the issue is cordialy appriciable.

Regards'

Som

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes.It is possible with the Userexit.

Implement the user exit EXIT_SAPMV45A_004 in T-code CMOD.

The user exit will take screen field name as input and allow to set the screen properties of the field.

As per your requirement, check if the field name is VBAP-PSTYV as field name to the exit and set screen-input = u20181u2019. This enable the field Item category as editable.

By this we can enable the item category made editable.

Regards,

Krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Krishna

But as u mentioned the way to make the non editable field into editable one. But that will applicable in case of manual chage. But can it be applicable for changing the Item category by using Object dependency??

Actually in our scenario, for some of the item category that field in the sales order line item remains editable. we have tested with that also. Once the item category is getting determined, object dependenct is not able to modify the item category in the sales order line item.

I have explores something, if I include PSTYV field in VCSD_UPDATE, will it work? VCSD_UPDATE is the table that contains field of sales order can be modified with the usage of object dependency.

Please let me know ASAP.

Regards

Som

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Krishna,

Becareful with activating the user exit because this enables changes of Item Category field even in display mode of the Sales Order. Do you have a solution on how to restrict this change only for Creation/Edit mode?

Regards,

Jieyi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Som,

TO full fill your Requirment ,you need to create the Variant Product for Configurable material.

Lets say you can enter in Line item first as DELL(TAS)...and you select the Specifications...and based on Specification

It will replace as Dell Insipiron1525(TAN)......

REGARDS

RAJ.

Former Member
0 Kudos

No....if i intially enter DELL(TAS)...depending on the char value selection it will be DELL(TAC) or DELL(TAN)...

former_member566877
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you tried with user exits MV45AFZZ or MV45AFZB?

Thanks

Krish.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi krish

Thaks for your reply. But from which T code to see these exit. I've tried with CMOD and SMOD. In both the trabsaction it is showing 'Enhancement project MV45AFZB does not exist'..

Regards

Som

Former Member
0 Kudos

Som,

At a high level, this should work.

1. Create characteristics for the type of production/procurement

2. Let that derive the items.

3. Use VCSD_UPDATE for changing the item category

Regards,

Satish