cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to correct serial correlation in causal forecasting

william_getz
Explorer
0 Kudos

When executing a causal forecast there are times when serial correlation or autocorrelation is detected using the Durbin-Watson measure of fit. In the help files it states, "High autocorrelation means that MLR using the ordinary least squares method is not a suitable forecasting technique for this data." The user I am working with currently uses another software package that performs a correction for this autocorrelation. The correction is done using an autoregressive error model to correct for autocorrelation, and the generalized autoregressive conditional heteroscedasticity (GARCH) model and its variants are used to model and correct for heteroscedasticity.

Do you know if there is the same ability in Demand Planning? We are on SCM 2007 currently.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

William, unfortunately I don't think so. Like your user I too am using an external software to identify and correct those anomalies. However, if you do know the accurate values for level, trend and season and any relevant dampening factor values SAP can handle most common models and generate a pretty decent forecast.

Hope this helps.

Rodrigo

Former Member
0 Kudos

William, unfortunately I don't think so. Like your user I too am using an external software to identify and correct those anomalies. However, if you do know the accurate values for level, trend and season and any relevant dampening factor values SAP can handle most common models and generate a pretty decent forecast.

Hope this helps.

Rodrigo