cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Average for Number Key Figure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys....i have a report with a key figure that is a number with units, and in my infocube i have some values that should be aggregate in the final value in the BEX query but i need the average of that values, i try to set in the query as "Calculate Single Values As" "Average of All Values <> 0" but the query shows the values accumulated in a sum not an average....

I hope that somebody could help me with this

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oscar Diaz,

I too have the same problem.How could u solved the problem if so let me know.

With regards

Raju

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi to all,

i have the same problem. If you find a solution to this, please let me know.

best regards

Manos

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Former Member
0 Kudos

My infocube is Z and there´s no key figure for record number

Former Member
0 Kudos

How do i get the number o records.....there´s no variable for that.....

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have a kf, check it well... it exist in calculate KF not in calculate column!

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need to know if its necesary declar a key figure with average aggregation in order to use the "average for all values <> 0" in Query Designer?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use a calculate key figure with formula:

your KF / records number.

Hope it works.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have values per Functional Location, each functional location coud have many values per Plant and per Calday i used the calday and plant as filters for Functional Locations; in the report i have single value for each Functional Location, i need that single values for each Functional Location must be the average of the values in the infocube.....

Former Member
0 Kudos

I follow Peter`s suggestion but i have the same result....the single values is the sum of the values int the cube and not the average....i need to show averages and the result must be the average of that averages

former_member188325
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Set

Calculate <b>result</b> as ....to "average of all values <> 0"

and

"calculate <b>single values</b> as...." to "nothing defined"'.

I am not sure i have understood your issue corrcetly.That would be useful if you can provide some example...

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to calculate the values as a average not the total and subtotal....i want to see a list of averages.....also the totals will be average of averages....

former_member188325
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Why don't you try out as Petter suggested.Just check out using that option..and can you give an example with values...how your report should look like?

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes i try to set the average <> 0 in Calculate Single Value properties of the key figure in the Query Designer but it don´t works

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again,

But any help in using: Calculating <b>result</b> as...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oscar,

If I understand your problem correctly: Did you try to set this setting in properties?

Calculate Result As: Average of all values <> 0

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Petter