Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alerts - More info required

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I am working on generating Alerts. I have few questions / confusions:-

1. When AE error comes up, the value of SXMS_FROM_NAMESPACE and SXMS_TO_NAMESPACE is same. Also, for SXMS_FROM_INTERFACE and SXMS_TO_INTERFACE the entries are same. What can be the reason?

2. For using the Escalation Recipient, is there anything extra that needs to be done / configured? According to SAP Help -

The escalation function is based on the administrator report RSALERTPROC. This report has to be scheduled as a regular job. For information on this report, see Administration Reports.

Any help on this will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Abhi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

Please look at question # 2 of SAP Note 913858 for your first question

For your second question,there is nothing extra you need to do for RSALERTPROC.Just schedule this report periodically as SAP recommends.

Thanks

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Aamir,

Thanks for that note. It was helpful. So, if the error pops up on AF, then it will only catch one interface name and not both ...

I will work on the Q # 2 as well.

Another question in the same context.

1. When I will using SXMS_TO_ADAPTER_ERRT, then no message is coming up in the alert message. Means, the field comes as blank. What could be the possible reason?

2. If an error is happening in the message mapping or error coming up in the SXMB_MONI (receiver not found etc), how that can be captured in the alert message?

Any help will be really helpful.

Thanks,

Abhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

To answer your first question,please look at question 10 of the SAP Note i mentioned before.

For your second question,just configure alert categoriey in alrtcatdef and then alert rule in RWB,then once an error happens you will get e-mail.

One point to note in alerts is that alert categories are filled in once message processing has reached a certain level of pipeline steps.

If a message fails in sender adapter,then certain alert categories which pull value from Integration server (message mapping,receiver detremination etc ) might not be filled in since Integration server processing comes in after sender adapter engine.

Thanks

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Aamir!

For your second question,just configure alert categoriey in alrtcatdef and then alert rule in RWB,then once an error happens you will get e-mail.

Yes. I am through with all those steps and Alerts are getting generated and I am receiving emails as well. But I want to capture the error message coming up in the MONI. Intentionally I am making the mapping to fail, and I want to capture that error message in the MONI (something like this - <SAP:Code area="MAPPING">EXCEPTION_DURING_EXECUTE</SAP:Code> ) to be a part of the Alert message.

Is this possible? Any Container Variables that we can use for this? This is on ABAP stack, so might be we can capture this?

Thanks,

Abhi