cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printer driver upload error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have downloaded printer driver for Lexmark T644 , in spad from menu utilities->device type-->import

i have selected radio button as device type under object i have provided the driver file name (print-drivers-hpux11.11.pkg.gz.pri) which i have downloaded . when i click on execute clock , iam getting error message "This syntax cannot be used for object editing. Please let me know how to proceed .

Thanks in advance

Thanks&Regards

Shams

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Shams

It seems the device type is in compressed form. first unzip the file before importing it.

the extention of the file should be .pri but the extension of your device type is .pkg.gz.pri.

.gz is a convention of compressed format. check the installation details of this file before you import.

I think so your file should look like this before you import print-drivers-hpux11.11.pri.

Kiran

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can't import an OS printer driver into a SAP system. You have to install that driver on your operating system, not in the SAP system.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

sorry I don't have lexmark printer installed on O.S

what should i do inorder to get that in spad , i know unix people have to do that but still want to know that.

Thanks

Shams

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> what should i do inorder to get that in spad , i know unix people have to do that but still want to know that.

SAP has its own drivers but not for all printers. Use the printer wizard in SPAD. If your printer is not listed then it's most likely not supported.

Markus