cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schedule editor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a question related to Schedule editor.

If we schedule a BLS for every 30 seconds which itself takes around 60 seconds in execution, will the excution of BLS be overlapped one after other as first execution is not completed and next execution is schedule to run after 30 seconds or next schedule will wait for previous to be completed.

Is schedule editor execution is synchronous (wait for prev. execution to be completed) or asynchrous(executes next schedule w/o looking into prev. schedule status) .

Thanks in Adavance !

Alok

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alok,

which MII version are you using? In 12.0, you can only schedule jobs up to a minute, not seconds.

The scheduler will only start one instance of a job. If the job run time overlaps the next schedule it will be skipped. After the job has finished, the next scheduled run time will be evaluated.

If you decide to schedule a job every minute, you should consider deleting the job history from time to time. You can delete the complete job history from the scheduler window (Clear history), or if you have access to the MII database, delete the rows you like directly from the MII table which holds the job history.

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using 11.5.3 .I created a test scenario with overlapping schedule, second schedule didn't execute because first was not completed.

Thank you Michael, you are right it looks it cancels the next schedule if previous schedule is not completed.

Regards,

Alok

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sidnooradarsh
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alok,

Please check out these threads

[Thread1|]

[Thread2|]

I guess the Scheduler works in asynchrous mode