Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Period Lotsize is not considering during Heuristics

nikhil_dhemre
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are using Period lotsize:W2-delivery date=Weekfinish date on each week.As per this setting the delivery date should be a Friday of each week.But this is not happening in APO with period lotsize:W2. It is not respecting the lotsize during heuristic.

We found one of the BADI ( /SAPAPO/MSDP_SNPHEU_PERIOD_LS) to add our own logic. Does any one implemented the BADI to work different lot sizes.

Request you to shre the logic how you are using.

Thanks in advance

Best Regards

Krishna

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

It sounds a program error.

Please check Note 1326448.

If this is not suitable then eloborate on the results and settings you made. Also SCM Version and patch level.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Kishore Reddy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I don't know exactly your release but we are on SCM 5.0 and had a problem regarding Perdioc lotsize procedues in combination with the implementation of the BADI you mentioned --> if you implement you should check.

If you are on 5.0 you might want to check OSS note 1385472 which was created to solve our problem.

Because of we used Period lot size and "B" (BADI) and some other materials with "standard" periodic lot sitzes the BADI logic was not called anymore (once a material used a "normal" periodic one) during Heuristic run.

I remember that there was another OSS note we implemented in advance - if you plan to use BADI and have the release as we have you better check this.

Regards

D.

nikhil_dhemre
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Kishore

Thaks for the OSS note .We have already applied the OSS note.

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't know exactly your problem but consider also the different Calenders in the Transportation Lane and in the Locations --> consider also time zones. I found this as one source of error when we started to try to fulfill our needs. With the use of the calendars we were successful in forcing that purchase reqs in the heuristic run are scheduled to only "defined" days.

Just a tip - perhaps it can help you.

Regards

D

nikhil_dhemre
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello

Thanks for the responces.

We are using SCM 4.1 supportpack 9.

We use Lot Size Strategy 2 ( always end of the period ) and weekly lot size ( W) with number of periods 2. We have 5 days calendar.

That means our expectation is every friday we need P.req on friday only. But this does not work as expected.

If you test this in ECC 6.0 with weekly lot size W2 it works perfectly as expected but not in APO.

Since if we want that function we need to implement the BADI.

I would like know does any one implemented this BADI for lot size isuue. if yes requesting you to provide some light on logic how it is done.

Best Regards

Krishna

0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

You are right. With this setting in ECC it should work as you mentioned. But if you want to acheive the same result in APO I would be having following lot size setting

Transaction - /SAPAPO/MAT1 - Lot Size Tab

Procedure - By Period. In APO we have Radio button to choose Lot Size strategy

Period Type - W. This will tell that your period is weekly

Number of Period - 1. This indicate every week

Select "Use Period Factor" in "Quantity and Date Determination Tab" and Maintain period factor as 1. This will help you to get your requisition towards the end of bucket.

Remember - Lot Size Strategy 2 which you have selected will work only if you have Number of Period more than 1.

Hope this will help.

Thanks

Pavan Sarda

nikhil_dhemre
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan

I have tried that option too. But it does not generate the receipts at the end of the period. It is generation the receipts where the short fall happens with in that period.

Krishna

0 Kudos

What is your period factor? Also check the period factor in TL and PPM / PDS

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

We did not come accross this.

But as said above you can use factory calender.

If you are implementing the BAdi please go through the Note: 998009 and 1102264.

BAdi name is /SAPAPO/SNP_PERIO_LS which you said is Function module which is a standered one.

Hope this help.

Regards,

Kishore Reddy.

0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

Can you please elaborate the situation and explain the behaviour you see. Also can you share the Lot Size Setting from APO

Pavan Sarda