Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On-value request

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I'm using a on-value request event to select possible entries to a select-option field. My problem is: I have to narrow down these entries respectig a previous select-options, but unless I hit enter before pressing F4 for that field, the s.o. is empty and my Select statement is incorrect. Any ideas on how to have this previous s.o. populated with the data the user has entered, without forcing him to hit enter before F4 ?

Thanks, Alex.

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Call DYNP_VALUES_READ function module in the first statement of your F4 routine.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In the event on-value request you can use fm DYNP_VALUES_READ to read the data inserted in a screen.

Max

0 Kudos

DYNP_VALUES_READ,,

reward points if it helps

gunjan

vinod_gunaware2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

DYNP_VALUES_READ Reads a screen field

DYNP_VALUES_UPDATE Updates a screen field

SELECT_OPTIONS_RESTRICT Make use of SELECT-OPTIONS easier on the selection screen Powerful function module to control SELECT-OPTIONS (see FM documentation).

E.g. fully forbids intervals in SELECT-OPTIONS

SET_SELSCREEN_STATUS Sets own GUI status on selection screens Can be called while INITIALIZATION to set needed PF-STATUS before selection screen output.

regards

vinod