cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AC 5.3 - CUP - initiator attributes - conditional logic

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there a trick to making the conditional logic work correctly in CUP when trying to define/select the initiator attributes? Even when I specify to use AND, it seems to still be adding the attribute with an OR condition.

For our non-production provisioning, I have a role that needs to be approved by different people depending on which system (i.e. Dev, IT, QA) it is being requested. I am trying to set up the 2 initiators as follows:

Initiator 1: Application/System = DEV and Role = Role 1

Initiator 2: Application/System = IT or QA and Role = Role1

Edited by: Jane Yap on Oct 22, 2009 5:12 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jane,

It should work with following config:

initiator 1) AND Application Dev

AND Role Role1

Initiator 2) Or Application IT

Or Application QA

AND Role Role2

Regards,

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jane,

Have you thought about using the CAD instead?

You could also customise the approvers based upon attributes as well if the path a consistent but just the approvers changing?

Simon

Former Member
0 Kudos

After playing around with this more, it appears that if I am selecting Role as the attribute and use the search functionality (i.e. click on the magnifying glass) to specify/select the actual role/role name, the conditional logic does not get set accordingly. In order to get the correct conditional logic set (i.e. populate the one I actually selected), I need to type the role name or pattern of the role name instead of selecting the role using the search functionality.

I guess everywhere else within GRC AC it's always best to use the seach functionality when setting/selecting field values (as opposed to manually typing/entering the values) EXCEPT for when creating/changing CUP initiators. Documented feature? Perhaps...

Thank you to those who responded to my post.