cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installations to use PDK with EP7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am more of a .NET programmer (Enterprise Portal is a complete black box)

I got some support to get the deloyment of the SDAs done on the server.

I had asked the person to use details as mentioned in the link:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/6807356c-0801-0010-7082-c00...

But even after this i dont seem to be getting the "Runtime for Microsoft.NET" configuration link in the support desk iView.

1. Is there any way i can check whether the deployment has been done correctly?

2. Is there any way i can check as to what the problem is? (Does anybody know any known issues)?

3. How can i correct this above issue?

Also, will EP7 include SP15 automatically or should it be installed/deployed seperately?

TIA,

Sachin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

SP 15 include link from the "support desk iView" to "Portal Runtime for Microsoft .NET" iView which enable configuring and managing Portal Runtime for Microsoft .NET.

If you want to use PDK 2.0 on SP14 or SP13 you will have to configure the service from "Services configuration" - see PDK 1.3 for more details (<u>https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/developerareas/dotnet?rid=/webcontent/uuid/be35e447-0a01-0010-8496-cdbbb4dc222d</u> [original link is broken]).

BTW

PDK 2.0 is optimized for SP15 and above.

Regards,

Yehuda

Former Member
0 Kudos

First of all sorry, for taking so long. We were not able to get the admins to restart the machine because of a long weekend.

Secondly, Thank you, Yehuda. we managed to configure the portal.

Anyway, we managed to do this configuration but stumbled at the next point. The portal seems to be able to commnicate with our .NET server. But an error seems to occur.

Event Viewer trace:

• Start of trace******************

Event Type: Error

Event Source: PortalFramework

Event Category: None

Event ID: 0

Date: 5/30/2006

Time: 10:47:37 AM

User: N/A

Computer: ESEALMW395

Description:

1) Exception Information

Exception Type: System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException

Message: Could not find a part of the path "E:\Program Files\SAP\Portal Runtime for Microsoft .NET\Server00\Temp\863f6e1f-e2f3-4a30-8d72-fdb38c991198\Portal25trial.par".

TargetSite: Void WinIOError(Int32, System.String)

HelpLink: NULL

Source: mscorlib

StackTrace Information

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String str)

at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean useAsync, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)

at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize)

at SAP.Portal.Framework.Core.ASPNetProcessor.CopyFilesToLocalDeploymentDirectoryFromRemoteServer(ContextData contextData)

• End of trace******************

Anybody else has faced this error? We have re-created the local user id, etc. but still are unable to correct this.

Is some other configuration required?

Thanks,

Sachin

Answers (0)