cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number of lock arguments / users

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I am having a problem I cannot find how to increase the number of lock arguments and users in SM 12 we are having lock errors because it is set to 3602 in PRD and in QA it is set to 8000 can some one let me know where to change this

PS we adjusted the enque/table_size parameter so that is not the issue it is reaching the max number od users / argumenets.

Thanks Mike

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

are you saying you have increased the parameter enque/table_size but it has not increased and under the statistics the user is consuming 3602 locks which is default .

Can you paste me your ipc/shm_psize_10 value also what RAM have you got and the percentage used.

Mark

0 Kudos

Hi,

In which profile you are making this parameter change.

The reason that changing enque/table_size didn't change the maximum number of entries in the lock table is that you might be changing the parameter on the wrong instance of the client.

There is another parameter enque/servinst that shows the instance that is set to run the enque server and it is there that the value of enque/table_size needs to be increased.

Please check this.

Thanks & Regards,

Nagarjun.

Former Member
0 Kudos

George

I do not think we are talking about the same thing in SM 12 under extra statistics lock users is set to 3603 it has nothing to do with ports

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mike-

The port is usually set to 32<instance number> and

the instance number is defined by means of the parameter enque/serverinst can you check your system profiles once again in QAS & PRD.

Thanks,

George Rayi