cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After Reinitialize Device DMSWCV becomes Non-Operational

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Recently we have upgraded our NW Mobile 7.1 Server to SP07 and applied all the mandatory notes. After doing the same we are facing a new issue: When we do reinitialize Device from administration tool, DMSWCV becomes non operational state. We are facing this issue after applying Compositenote (1263664). We have to re assign DMSWCV each time to get data in outbound queue.

Regards,

Kanagaraj.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Re-initialize device will uninstall the application and hence I suppose it will make the DMSWCV non-operational and this is the expected behavior.

I wonder the use case where you try to re-initialize a device manytimes..?

The cases where re-initialize could be used are when the client installation on the device is irrecoverably corrupted / crashed, incase device is lost etc. etc..Re-initialize will uninstall the application and makesure that no more data is sent to that device.

The device id and other attributes are retained and this logical device in DOE will be made initial state and available for registration against a new physical device again.

Regards,

Liji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Liji,

we are using this feature in our custom BB client. Already we have raised OSS (900164 / 2009)regarding this issue and the reply was it ll become operational after register device.But in our case it is not becoming operational.

will it become operational or not after register device?

Regards,

Kanagaraj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

That is correct.

After registering it again with a new physical device , it should become operational.

Infact the DMSWCV will be made operational when the acknowledgement that application is installed successfully comes from mobile client.

Did you try multiple syncs after registration and still it is not operational?

Regards,

Liji

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Liji,

We have tried multiple times ,still it is not becoming operational.

Before applying mandatory note it was fine.

after that we are facing this issue.

Regards,

Kanagaraj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Being a custom client, i guess the routine deployment procedure (the one that default NWMobile client makes) is not being followed. Thats is on registration, the custom client is not informing DOE which all applications are successfully installed and is able to consume data for those application. Unless the information about application being successfully installed on client is availabel to DOE, the DM-SWCV will not automatically become operational.

Hence you will need to assign DM-SWCV manually on reinitialization.

regards

pradeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is the custom BB client, is it a custom built client using the exposed sync layer APIs or existing sales client for blackberry..

If it is a custom built client ,then I am not sure how the acknowledgement reaches DOE after successfull installation of application.

Is it working fine for a fresh device and just not working for a re-initialized device? That seems strange..

Regards,

Liji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Liji,

it is a custom built client using the exposed sync layer APIs .

Regards,

Kanagaraj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does the DMSWCV become operational for a fresh device after registration and just does not work with a re-initialized device?

This will help in identifying if acknowledgement of app is handled in custom client or not

Regards,

Liji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Liji,

When i create new device and it is working fine getting data in client after registration . it is not becoming operational only when i do reinitailize the same device. i hope you will understand my point.

Pradeep: it was working fine before applying mandatory note .Issue is only with this server. The same funtionality is working in another server.

Regards,

Kanagaraj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

This is how i guess your earlier scenario was:

1- Created a logical receiver, assigned MCD and then also manually assigned dm-swcv making dm_swcv operational for the receiver. Remember the DM-SWCV become operational on manual assignment & not after registration. And also the required data objects are synchrous extract enabled that is DO_SYNC_EXTRACT is true for those data objects. so whenever the data is identified for the receiver, the data is pushed to outbound queue.

2- then you register from custom client. since the data is in queue, receiver starts receiving the data.

Now when you reinitialized, the MCDs are still assigned. But DM-SWCV is not operational. The reason being that on reinitialization DOE expects that a different physical receiver will be registered against the logical receiver created on the DOE. And unless the information comes that reciver is ready to consume application data, DOE will not make DM-SWCV automatically operational using the MCD information. Making DM-SWCV operational by manual assignment is a work around for such scenario.

regards

pradeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

we will not assigning any MCD to the device . We will assign DMSWCV manually for the logical device . After that we are registering using sync APIs.

regards,

Kanagaraj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This means it always worked before as well (for a fresh device also) after manual assignment of DMSWCV..

Or are we missing something here?

DMSWCV was / is becoming operational with manual assignment in your case.

The same is happening after re-initialize also i understand.

Were you expecting to get data to device with out doing this manual step again after re-initialize?

This will not be possible as reinitialize will make the device back to initial state.

I assume that may be before applying the notes , a re-initialize was not making the manually assigned DMSWCVs to non-operational and after the note , even such DMSCVs are made non-operational..This is just my assumption ..

Regards,

Liji

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi liji,

is it only for the assigned SWCV or it is also same for the SAP Basis SWCV also. because the basic SWCV is also becoming non operational .

Thanks and Regards,

Kanagaraj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Currently even the SAP Basis SWCV is made non-operational upon re-initialize.

Regards,

Liji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Only automatically assigned SWCVs ( like assigned via MCD) & SAP Basis will be made non-operational upon re-initialize.

May be the OSS ticket will help in checking out why manually assigned DMSWCV is becoming non-operational up on re-initialize.

Regards,

Liji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Liji and Pradeep.

we will raise OSS.

Regards,

Kanagaraj.

Answers (0)