cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WSDL and how to publish it ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

I have to create a senario where third party can access us using web service.

in configuration I have used wizard to create the WSDL. My questin is how I can publish or release this?

Thanks and kind regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In your WSDL, there must be the line at the end with 'location='. That URL is nothing but your actual web service URL which you are looking for.

Regards,

Supriya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If your web service is on sender side, then you can configure your scenario without sender channel.

Check the following thread:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/31/daa0404dd52b54e10000000a1550b0/content.htm

And yes, there is an option in ID in Tools --> Define Web Service

Regards,

Supriya.

praveenreddy_bk
Participant
0 Kudos
former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shah,

In order your SOAP sender be able to send messages to your XI system, its enough to provide him the wsdl file that you got using the wizard in Integration Directory.

You don't need to publish it (If you mean to publish it to a service registry).

Once u configure the end to end scenario and generate the wsdl, your scenario is ready to be accessed from the soap sender.

There is nothing like releasing a wsdl.

Regards,

ravi kanth talagana

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello Ravi,

Thanks for your post.

Actually the problem is, I have only one communication cannel, Idoc adapter

Do I need a communication channel on sender side as well ?

the senario is, third party will access via web service fill data and via mapping to idoc data will be sent to backend system.

Regards,

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shah,

Yes ideally you need a sender adapter also (a soap sender adapter).

But there is a way to send the messages directly to the integration engine also:

/people/stefan.grube/blog/2006/09/21/using-the-soap-inbound-channel-of-the-integration-engine

Regards,

Ravi Kanth Talagana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For every XI scenario you need sender and receiver..where sender in your case is soap and receiver is idoc

i.e receive request via soap client from other system and after receiving the request do mapping for the idoc..as said by you ..

once you define the needed things in XI in configuration sender agreement,receiver agreement,interface determination..receiver determiantion..then go to menu select tools generate WSDL provided the sender service interface and namespace for the same

once done will generate the WSDL file which needs to provide the sender system ..so that once they send the request the same will be transferred to the target system..

HTH

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rajesh ,

> once done will generate the WSDL file which needs to provide the sender system ..so that once they send the request the same will be transferred to the target system..

This part is not clear to me ? how only using WSDL things can work ? ( if they are not even publish ) ?

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ravi,

While creating communication-channel from sender side.... I have given followiong values:

Adapter Type SOAP: ( Sender )

With Default XI Parameter I am not sure what I have to give.. for

1- Default interface namespace

2- Default interface name

What should be the value for those two parameter ?

Default interface name could be my Message Interface which I defiend in Design ?

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Default interface name could be my Message Interface which I defiend in Design ?

>

YES, you have to specify the Message interface and namespace defined in IR. Have a look at the following blog :

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs;jsessionid=(J2EE3414700)ID0925355850DB20018169849016230229End...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Not required to use Wizard,

In the ID go to tools-->Display WSDL and continue...

Give the Adapter engine path like "http://<server_name>:<J2EE Port>/XISOAPAdapter/MessageServlet?channel=:<Sender_Business_system>:<Sender_communication_channel>" other wise you can click on Praposed URL button then it will automatically generate the Integration engine URL. (you can use either one, but in general we use adapter engine URL).

And continue giving the details finally click on finish.

Regards

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ramesh,

I cant see the menu in Configuration for Display web service........I am suing 3.0.... ( you know an alternative way, how to display web service ) ?

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the Integration Directory --> Tools --> WSDl.

Regards

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ramesh,

I cant see WSDL under tools ( I just see define web service ). Via this button ( define web service ) I have created the wsdl.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Yah may be in XI3.0 In the tools only define web service is available.

1- Default interface namespace: Here you can give the namespace of your interface.

2- Default interface name: Here you can give the message interface name that you already defined in the IR.

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok, so Communical channel on sender side is not required in my senario ? right

Now how I can test the generated WSDL ? ( that while entring the data, how I will come to PI and then get mapped to Idoc fields and would be gr8 if I can see the data in my idoc in backend ?

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Create the sender side communication channel (check this below link) if you are using a adapter engine path (if you are using integration path its not required)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/42898709@N07/4035343476/

If you want to test the WSDL file we have some tools like Altova, SOAP UI tool.

SOAP UI is a free tool from SAP, for downloading

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=136013&package_id=163662&release_id=657327

When you will publish the WSDL you will get one path, by using that path the data comes to the PI.

Regards

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ramesh,

Thanks for your reply,

I have defined wsdl,.. using ID->Tools-> Define web service....( this create me WSDL )....

How I can publish the web service ?

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thats enough. No need to do anything extra.

You got the URL at the time of generating the WSDL, so try to import SOAP UI tool after import the SOAP tool you can import the WSDL file to that SOAP UI and by using that URL send some sample data.

If that data is reached to the PI then your web service is working fine.

Regards

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

>You got the URL at the time of generating the WSDL

You mean that URL which one gives while creating WSDL in that wizard ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

> You mean that URL which one gives while creating WSDL in that wizard ?

At the time of generating WSDL file we will give the URL path.

Like http://<server_name>:<J2EE Port>/XISOAPAdapter/MessageServlet?channel=:<Sender_Business_system>

:<Sender_communication_channel>

Regards

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thanks for your reply,............... and thanks for providing me the format of url.... I will create agin WSDL using that format of URL....

Another point, do I need to create a sender communication channel.... ( sender system consume the web service , and then sends the data in backend systems).

Regards,

PS I have downlaod the tool soapUI 2.5.1, but when I try to start the program, a dos-based windows opned and then disappered...

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> , do I need to create a sender communication channel.... >

Yes, you have to create a Sender CC.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

> Another point, do I need to create a sender communication channel.... ( sender system consume the web service , and then sends the data in backend systems).

Yes you have to create, i already given the link, please check my previous link.

> PS I have downlaod the tool soapUI 2.5.1, but when I try to start the program, a dos-based windows opned and then disappered...

Once you download the SOAP UI install on your system. when you are trying to send the payload from SOAP UI don't forget to give the PI credentials in the SOAP UI tool.

Regards

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ramesh,

Thanks for your reply....

I have created now the sender Communicatin Channel

as interface name and namespace I have provided the ( outbout interface I have defined in Desing, and namespace )

Secondly, do I have to define Sender Agrement ( where I have to define the sender communicatin channel ) ?

regarding, SOAP UI , I need to find the docu, . when I double click the SOAP UI after installing it just dis appers ...

Regards,

PS: Can you also please gudie me do documentation where I can find how to create a configuration senario ?

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

okay, I have assign sender communicatin channel to the sender bussiness system and secondly I have created a sender agrement.... hopefully now I can create the WSDL...correct wsdl...

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Dude !!!

Are You Learning XI or Working on..!!!! :):):)

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

well both :-)............... learning by doing !