Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Process chain - errors and warnings

Hi,

I have a process chain that does a full update to an ODS and then a delta to cube, and repeats the same for a similar set of ODS/Cube. In effect it is like

>Load ODS1>LOAD ODS2>Load CUBE1>LOAD Cube2.

It gives me some warnings in syntax check - as below -

- <i>There must be a type "Update ODS Object Data (Further Update)" process behind process "Activate ODS Object Data" var.ZPAK_41PK2ZKDVH74AO6TKHS4LGFMJ in the chain</i>

I had removed the 'further process' step that was automatically inserted for the ODS load infopackage (have not removed the ODS activation step, it is there after the ODS load).

- <i>No type "Activate ODS Object Data" process allowed infront of process "Execute InfoPackage" variable ZPAK_41IKQ9UMLX46YDBPJRK3MXB17 in the chain</i>

This warning is for the step load to 2nd ODS after the first ods activation.

I ignored these warnings, and scheduled the process chain. It loaded to the first ODS alright, and failed in 'ODS activation' step. The error was - The 'QM' status of request xxx must be green before activation (from job log).

I thought the ODS load completion before the activation would have the QM status set to green (as the load did go successfully), and it was green when I checked the request.

Can you tell me

- What really is the meaning of those warning messages above, and,

- Was this error due to anything wrong I might have done in process chain definition and/or execution?

Thanks,

Former Member

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question