cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DB on Aix/Oracle, CI Sap on Windows : supported or not ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm looking for informations about a scenario where the Database is on Oracle/Aix, while the Sap central Instance is on Windows 2003 64 bit.

I found note 80266, but it refers to a link on sapnet now replaced with the advise to come here in SDN.

I'm not able to find out the white paper indicated on the note : "Homogeneous and Heterogeneous R/3 Systems".

I found several notes, but it seems they refers always to the installation of secondary R/3 As on Windows while the R/3 CI is on Unix as well the database.

Any advise ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In my opinion, this should be possible.

Note 1148109 could be of help.

Regards,

Srikishan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the feedback.

I read the note.

But in my case I should install R/3 47 Enterprise; this product seems not presents into those indicated in the Oss note.

Other suggestions ?

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you just install the database on AIX and connect from Windows just using the Oracle client there's no issue.

However, be aware that 4.7 is already out of official support.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thansk for the feedback.

My doubt is that, as I remember, during a distributed installation of the DB istance the sapinst will ask to access some directory from the R/3 central Instance host.

Do I have to install SAMBA on the unix side just for the installation phase ? Or I can do some workaround to avoid to use SAMBA ?

regards

Answers (0)