Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing transports between systems with different SP levels

oren_harlap
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello all,

We have imported STACK 15 into our ECC 6.0 Developemt system. Due to bugs in the localization, we do not want to start with the import of the stack into our QAS or PRD systems yet.

What are the risks of creating Change Requests in the DEV system which has a higher release of Support Packages and importing them to the QAS/PRD systems which have a lower release?

Regards,

Oren

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

SAP strongly recommends to keep SP level same across the systems in landscape for data consistency reasons.

Suppose change request contains the changes to the objects, that were brought into the system by a Support package - when these are transported into other system those changes will not be avilable into the target system as expected.

Ravi

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

oren_harlap
Explorer
0 Kudos

HI,

Thank you all. I know SAP recommends not to do it and I can understand why customizing in one environment can not work in another. But do I jeoperdize my QAS/PRD systems by doing so or do I just take a risk that the customization just would not work in the QAS/PRD? Can it cause inconsinstencies in my QAS/PRD? If it is only a matter of things not working in the QAS/PRD I can always re-import the CR after upgrading the QAS/PRD.

Suppose my CR contains only developments (programmes) wiritten in my site. Is it still risky?

Thanks,

Oren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Simple.

Not the best thing to do.

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Oren.

It is not recommended by SAP to transport changes between system having different release.

Thanks

Sunny