cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zebra Label Printing using SapScript on Ecc 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Im facing an upgrade on my client and one of the requirements it's to print on the Ecc 6 version like used to in 4.6c

This is were im facing the problems. On the older version teh labels are correctly printed with no problem at all, but in the newer version it's not being printed at all...

On the newer version the printer, prints with almost none darkness, we can only distinguish it by the marks that stay on the label, and insted beeing converting the ZPL commands the printer prints the commands like,

^XA
^FO88,35^AQN,10,8^FH^FD_82^FS
^FO30,35^AQN,10,8^FDMinist  rio do Trab. e da Solid. Social^FS
^FO293,35^ARN,14,5^FH^FD_B5^FS
^FO15,35^ARN,14,5^FDINSTITUTO DE INFORM  TICA I.P.^FS
^FO88,65^AQN,10,8^FH^FD_82^FS
^FO30,65^AQN,10,8^FDMinist  rio do Trab. e da Solid. Social^FS
^CI
^XZ

Does anyone has an idea that what could be?

Thanks in Advance

Best Regards

João Martins

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi João,

Did you check if the print control sequences that are triggered are defined correctly (i.e. definitions match the one that you had in 4.6c and the same print control sequences get still triggered)?

Kind regards, harald

Former Member
0 Kudos

As pointed out by Sandra, go to spool administration via transaction SPAD. There click on the button Full administration. Go to the third tab Device types, enter the name of the used device type and click on the Device types button next to it (if you don't enter anything you'll get a list of device types from which you can choose). Within the device type you'll see a tab Print controls and there you should compare old and new definition.

Note that within SPAD you can get the name of the device type assigned to your printer, by checking the first tab with the Devices/servers: Just enter the printer name in the Output devices field and click on the button. The first tab with the printer information contains the device, which is assigned to this printer.

While doing all that you should probably doublecheck that all the information matches, not only the print controls...

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

0 Kudos

I have resolved my issue, the setting on the printer itself was LINE-PRINT, this needs to be ZPL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am having issue with sapscript and zebra printer.

What device type do you use? I am using device type LZEB2 and am getting spool error - 'LZPL driver does not support SAPscript!'.

Thanks in advance.

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is only possible to use device type LZEB2 with smartforms as per SAP notes #750002 and #750772.

For sapscript, you can use the device type LB_ZEB and using the third partly program BAR-ONE to the design the label and uploading the created label file to a sapscript form as described in the SAP note #179534.

Regards,

Aidan

0 Kudos

I am currenlty having THE same problem, the zebra label printer is printing the 'printer command' not just the information as per what the commands should do.

What was your resolution?

former_member559067
Participant
0 Kudos

Joao Martins,

Zebra Printer doesn't support SAP Scripts, you need to migrate Script to SMARTFORMS.

Regards,

Anmol Saxena.

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Anmol, are you sure? I would be very surprised that it couldn't work, as the underlying printout language is the same for both sapscript and smart forms (OTF).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joao,

The text which is getting printed is all ASCII format which can be understood by ZEBRA label printer and not by common printers.

I think you are trying to print it in a regular printer.

Please let me know which printer you are using??

Cheers

Ajay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your anwser Harald.

how can i check that ?

Regards

João Martins

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To check configuration, see with your administrators, they should know (SPAD transaction, etc.)

It seems just to be a problem of incorrect device type configured in the device (you should use a LZPL driver)

Compare with your old system