cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMG - Target client is productive and protected against client copy

teengh_hergh
Explorer
0 Kudos

I am doing post-installation for Solution Manager 4.0 and encounter the above error.

From the IMG Solution Manager Basic Settings ... --> Create Client, I created client 020 and the role = customizing. Protection Level 0 and allow change to repository and cross-client customizing. Then, I click on Copy Client, it gave me the above error.

I could not find any information regarding the correct way to work around it. I tried to log into client 020 with SAP*/PASS to do manual client copy, but could not login either.

Anyone ran into this problem? Please share your successful instructions.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

kai_gebhardt
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Teengh,

you can only do the client-copy in the target client; in your case in client 020.

Please have a look in TA scc4 whether the client 020 was really created. If it is existing, then you should be able to log on to the client 020 with sap*/pass (password in lower case). What was the error message after you could not login?

Best regards,

Kai

kevshill
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Teengh,

What Kai mentioned is correct. You need to login to the newly created client with sap*/pass to do the client copy.

Before that the profile parameter login/no_automatic_user_sapstar has to maintained as 0. the default is 1

regards,

Kevin Hill

teengh_hergh
Explorer
0 Kudos

Yes, that is it.

I created the profile entriy login/no_automatic_user_sapstar and set the value to 0 and I was able to ligin to client 020 for the client copy.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Teengh ,

You should use master password you provided during installation .

or

use the parameter in source client

login/no_automatic_user_sapstar 0

Let us know if it works

H

Answers (0)