Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Query field in a report designer layout

Hi,

Im Marco and i want to ask if there is the possibility to create a fied ( in report laout designer ) that is a result of a query..

can i associate a field to a specific user query? its possible to do that?

example...

i need for a customer print in sales offer the last sell price of an item and the actual price.

Actually im able to print the actual price but i dont know how i can print the price of the equal item of the last week. I think that the unique way is insert a query in a field and process with this method...

pratical example..

sales offer...

item: Fresh meat package

this week price: 5.5EUR - Last week price: 5.4EUR Diff. ?? %

can someone help me??

I really will appreciate all communication..

thanks

Marco Solari

Former Member
Former Member replied

Hello,

Unfortunately, you cannot connect to an external datasource in print layout designer. That is the root of the whole problem. With user reports, you can create a layout based on a user query, but this has to be created separately and you need to retrieve all the data you wish to show in a single query.

Connecting an external reporting tool to sap printer functions is more tricky than the scenario I had in mind - that is, to initiate printing completely independently from SBO client. I think you can catch the SBO print events in UI API and then initiate printing in your favorite report tool. This requires that your reporting tool of choice supports programmatic access and naturally requires that you resort to programming.

Henry

0 View this answer in context

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question