cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tool: Design working and problem with configuratoin?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

I am new to XI, my problem is Desing Tool is working fine at my machine, but when I try to open the configuration tool it first starts to load and then in TASTList I can see the configuration tool icon, but application just does not start ?

Any idea how I can fix this issue, I am just wourding why my Desing Tool is workin ....and not configuration tool.

Thanks and regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shah,

It can be a Java Issue !!

which version of java are you using ?

try to login through IR .

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using j2re1.4.2_19...

>try to login through IR .

What is IR and how I can login through it `...?

I usually start T.code SXMB_IFR and then click either design or configuration tool.....

Have an idea what am I doing wrong.... ?

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

IR -> Integration Repository

thorugh menu of IR you have option to login to Integration directory

Regards ,

Former Member
0 Kudos

As I said I am tring to use following to login to Configuration !

http://<server-name >:55000/rep/

and here, I click on Configuration tool to open the tool.........things start getting downloading etc... and it ends up showing me icon in tasklíst......when I click on icon, nothing appers ....

Regards,

Edited by: Shah H on Oct 22, 2009 12:40 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

shah ,

1. which browser you are using ?

2. Make sure that there is only one jre in ur system , sometimes people have java upgrade running at the background which makes 2-3 different version of java in the sam esystem.you can check this thing in control panel...

Regards ,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Santosh,

I am having IE: 7.0

and only one JRD is insallted on system--- 1.4.2_19...

and when I start Jave web start -> file-> pref. ->java---- there I can find only on JRE...

and if its Jre problem then I ask myself why my Design tool is working and not the configuration Tool ?

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

that is the doubt in my mind also...sometimes it happens but after 2-3 tries Id/IR comes up.

Regards ,

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried now several time, even I clear the cache in java web start... set proxy to none, still no resutls....

No idea what is going on wrong here.... have to urgently fix things in configuration and its not working....

Could it be that, with my userID is something wronge ?

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

don't think so...

try to login from some other system using the same id and pwd and also with diff id and password?

Regards ,

Former Member
0 Kudos

yeah, when I try to login from colleuge system, it works.... so its somehow not working on my machine....

my last try is to reintall the JRE...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try to login from IR...

click on Environment->Integration builder(Configuration)

Regards ,

Former Member
0 Kudos

I hope you already gone throgh these two blogs..

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/1688 [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs;jsessionid=(J2EE3417700)ID1107343350DB21058820695982761331End...

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried using the IR and then configuration builder, but end with same result....

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

okay, problem solved, I have just reinsallted the JRE..... dont know what was the problem but this make my problem apprently solved.

Thanks All !

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How long do you wait after clicking on that icon?

At my end, sometimes it happens so, that after clicking on that Icon we have to wait half a minute or a minute befor the ID or IR gets opened.

Contact your basis admin.

Regards,

Supriya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply.... i waited more then 5 mins or even longer...and I can see the configuration icon in tasklist...but clicking on it nothing happends..........

Dont know what is went wrong.... I tried last monday and things were pretty fine on last monday....

Regards,