cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download Business Graphics to PDF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Iam using Business Graphics in Web dynpro ABAP, the output business graphics image to be export in PDF file. I have Customizing XML file in MIME object and CL_IGS_CHART_ENGINE class is there. But I dont know how to use that class in Web dynpro using Customizing XML as input or any other solution is there to get PDF file.

Please help me to get PDF File.

Regards,

Balakrishnan K

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you need more help on this, please move your question under NetWeaver to Adobe forms, I can help you with the details. And the discussion would be quite Adobe forms related from now on. Otto

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I assume you can: get the data, pass data somewhere where the picture is generated, get the picture back in some useful/ common picture format. Now you need to create a PDF with the graphics.

1) go to transaction SFP - create an interface (just like DDIC structure, create a node/ element for every data element that will be passed to the form, if only picture, create a XSTRING element called PICTURE or something)

2) create a form in SFP based on the interface from 1)

3) drag interface data (left) and drop to right (form context)

4) open form layout

5) put image field on the layout (not image, it MUST be the image field)

6) goto tab Object - Binding of the image field, set the binding source to your XSTRING node from interface/context

7) save, activate

😎 write a generator program for adobe form

9) run program

Note: I don´t know if you have any experience with adobe forms, I don´t know if you have ADS for adobe forms installed or even if you can have this service installed.

Otto

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Would you like to generate Adobe form and pass your graphics to it? Or you just expect some service to give you the output in PDF? If a) is right, I can help you. And I can recommend you to move your question under Interactive forms by Adobe. Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Otto,

Thanks for your valuable response. you have mentioned two options, the first one "to generate Adobe form and pass your graphics to it". Is it Possible to deploy generated Adobe Form with graphics in WDPA. If it so, Kindly help me how to do it in Adobe Form.

Thanks,

Balakrishnan

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ,

refer the demo WD Components :

GRAPHICS_IGS_CE_TEST and GRAPHICS_GUI_CE_DEMO

( http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/0b/79553b066d9414e10000000a114084/content.htm )

regards,

amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Thanks for your response. I viewed this report already, but can u help me how to implement in Web Dynpro Abap. Here, I am having only Customizing XML MIME object for that business graphics image as input.

Kindly explain how to use this report.......

Regards,

Balakrishnan K

matthias_gemmel
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

in the customizing XML you can specify the output format of the generated image (in section GlobalSettings/Format). Possible values are different image formats, e.g. GIF (the default value), JPG or PNG. PDF format is not supported. IGS will not generate a PDF file containing a chart.

Regards

Matthias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matthias,

I can't find tag you named

in section GlobalSettings/Format

We have BI 7.0 SP 16. Is it included within an newer Servicpack?

Regards

Dietmar

matthias_gemmel
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dietmar,

this forum covers Web Dynpro ABAP and not the chart item of a BEx Web Application. Of course Web Dynpro ABAP is also part of your NetWeaver system having BI 700 SP16. But My reply was focused on the business graphics UI element. In both, business graphics and BEx chart item in Web Application Designer, you have the option to change the chart customizing with SAP Chart Designer but this does not cover the format of the resulting image. Anyway this format can be changed in the customizing XML that is sent to IGS to render the chart. Business graphics UI element in Web Dynpro does offer an option to manipulate this customizing XML in the coding in addition to the settings made in chart designer whereas Web Application Designer does not provide such an option.

Best regards

Matthias