cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing the polling time for CCMS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm trying to change the default polling time for the CCMS Alert Monitor, 5 minutes instead of 30 minutes.

In http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/en/e5/5d1741b393f26fe10000000a1550b0/content.htm you can read:

-

-

Accuracy

The default polling period for the monitor is 30 minutes. If you want to have shorter polling periods, you can change them in the SAP NetWeaver Administrator as follows:

1. Choose Availability and Performance Management ® Resource Monitoring ® Java System Reports (alias: /nwa/java-sys-reports).

2. Select an arbitrary Number of errors entry in the monitoring tree of the Adapter Engine (leaf node).

3. Choose Configuration in the right-hand pane.

4. Choose Edit in the dialog box that appears.

5. Change the polling period to 5 minutes, for instance.

6. Choose Save and wait until saving is finished (be patient, since this may take a while).

7. Choose Configuration Management ® Infrastructure Management ® Java Configuration Browser.

8. Choose apps ® sap.com ® com.sap.aii.af.app ® Monitoring Configurator ® monitor-configuration.xml.

9. In the xml file, change the polled-by-template period to the same value as above, for example, 5 minutes.

10. Save the modified xml file.

11. Choose Operations Management ® Infrastructure Management ® Start & Stop ® Java EE Services to restart the Monitoring service to apply the changes.

-

-

But in step 9, the xml file I've found in my PI 7.1 (SP6) is this:

<monitor-configuration>

<monitor-semantics />

<monitor-tree />

</monitor-configuration>

Also, there is no way to modify that file, you can only display it or download it.

I'm wondering if those final steps are not necessary anymore??

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Up, looking forward to an answer