Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WD Java: Problem with building a Web Dynpro Development Component

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, all!

I' m facing a problem with building Web Dynpro Development Components:

After creating a local DC, I - via File System - import the contents of a Web Dynpro DC developed by a collegue of mine. Then I add some WD Component, make a build and receive the following error:

May 22, 2006 8:45:58 PM /userOut/Development Component (com.sap.ide.eclipse.component.provider.listener.DevConfListener) [Thread[ModalContext,5,main]] ERROR: models: Build failed for sap.com/models(MyComponents) in variant "default": Warning: Could not find file C:Documents and SettingsAdministrator.dtcLocalDevelopmentt927337BD7A20FE984A1631DEF5033CD8gwdapplication.xml to copy.

------------------------------------- Build log ------------------------------------------------------
Development Component Build (2006-05-22 20:45:55)
  Component name: models
  Component vendor: sap.com
  SC compartment: MyComponents
  Configuration: LocalDevelopment
  Source code location: UNKNOWN
  DC root folder: C:Documents and SettingsAdministrator.dtcLocalDevelopmentDCssap.commodels_comp
  DC type: Web Dynpro
  Host: sokrates

DC Model check:
		[dcmake] All used DCs are available locally
		[dcmake] validating dependency to build plugin "sap.com/tc/bi/bp/webDynpro"
		[dcmake] validating dependency to  public part "default" of DC "sap.com/tc/cmi"
		[dcmake] validating dependency to  public part "default" of DC "sap.com/tc/ddic/ddicruntime"
		[dcmake] validating dependency to  public part "default" of DC "sap.com/tc/ddic/metamodel/content"
		[dcmake] validating dependency to  public part "default" of DC "sap.com/tc/wd/webdynpro"
		[dcmake] validating dependency to  public part "default" of DC "sap.com/tc/logging"
		[dcmake] validating dependency to  public part "default" of DC "sap.com/tc/wdp/metamodel/content"
		[dcmake] validating dependency to  public part "default" of DC "sap.com/com.sap.aii.proxy.framework"
		[dcmake] validating dependency to  public part "default" of DC "sap.com/com.sap.aii.util.misc"
		[dcmake] validating dependency to  public part "default" of DC "sap.com/com.sap.exception"
		[dcmake] validating dependency to  public part "default" of DC "sap.com/com.sap.mw.jco"
		[dcmake] DC model check OK

Start build plugin:
		[dcmake] using build plugin: sap.com/tc/bi/bp/webDynpro
		[dcmake] starting build plugin from : F:Program FilesSAPJDTeclipsepluginscom.sap.tc.apcompSAP_BUILDTDCssap.comtcbibpwebDynpro_compgendefaultpublicwebDynpro

I also tried to first and afterwards rebuild the project, but neither did help!

Could anybody tell me the reason for that problem and how to solve it?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Regards,

Thomas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Try this one.

Reason for this is, There can be many reasons for this error. More obvious reasons are not correctly build and deployed Web Dynpro DCs.

A qualified name (for a class, Web Dynpro Application, Web Dynpro Component) must be used only in one DC. The DC concept provides assigning packages uniquely to a DC for reaching this goal. However, the DC tools do not enforce this restriction. If a Web Dynpro Component (or Application) with the same qualified name is contained in more than one DC then deploying one of the DCs destroys the meta data in the runtime repository of the other DC.

Solution:

Use unique names for all Web Dynpro Components and Applications.

Thanks,

Raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Did it work for you?. Just acknowledge please...

Thanks,

Raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Raj!

Thank you very much for your hint - worked perfectly!

Regards,

Thomas

Answers (0)