cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales Order header text not deleting correctly from created-with-reference

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've found a possible bug in SAP-SD and wondered if anybody could shed light on it. It was highlighted by a custom program but points to a larger problem in SAP standard functionality.

We create sales orders with reference, this enables us to maintain header long texts on the parent order and the changes filter down to any orders that were created with reference to it, lets call them child orders.

But when a long text is deleted from the parent order, it's not deleted correctly from the child orders, instead the text itself is blanked but an entry still exists (I can see this by the 'EN' still existing by the side of the long text title in the header texts tab and also in table STXH which holds records when a long text exists).

Our custom program highlighted this problem as it was giving an error when trying to read the child order long text, a SAP standard function module automatically reads the parent order long text instead and as it doesn't exist anymore, it was giving a short dump.

Can anyone tell me if they have experienced this non-deletion of long texts on created-with-reference-orders? Is this a SAP bug (I'm searching OSS as well) or should we just accept that this happens and change our program and business process to cope with it.

Any thoughts gratefully recieved.

Gill

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gill,

I have not experienced this problem.

Can you validate STXL table entries as well.

SAP provides a correction report RVTEXTE to fix or analyze phantom texts. Can you check if this report picks out the entries that you had reported.

Naresh

Answers (0)