cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cash Discount:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I have a scenario for cash discounts based on cash and carry, this discount applicable whenever the dealers take the material against the cash.

I have configured this through the cash sales, by giving the seperate document type. And i have created the condition records based on the table which has sales document type option.

And it is working fine.

My doubt is is there any other standard / best practice for capturing this cash discount scenario?

Regards,

skumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can use customer group/price group field in order to differentiate it as cash order or normal order and this field you can use in condition record.

Prasad.T.A

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thank you for the information, my question is answered.

Regards,

sushil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The other solution is Use manual discount condition type in normal scenario.

Use normal SAP sales order scenario and Whenever customer pays in cash, SOP guy who is processing the sales order, can manually enter the discount and save.

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Skumar,

If you dont want to create a new Document type & Pricing Procedure then below is the option that I have actually used for giving discounts.

In Sales Order at Header Level - Sales Tab - there are two feilds 1. Price LIst & 2. Price Group.

Similarly the above feilds are available at Item Level under Sales B Tab page.

Now if the Sales Order is Cash & Carry then you need to maintain either of the above feilds in Sales Order. The data for these feilds can be customised at IMG - Sales and Distribution - Basic Functions - Pricing - Pricing Control - Maintain Price-Relevant Master Data Fields -

1. Define price list categories for customers &

2. Define pricing groups for customers

Now for your Discount Condition Type, you will definitely have a Access Sequence. In this Accesss Sequence insert a Condition Table with Conbination like - Sales Orgn / Division / Price LIst or Price Group Or any other conbination as per your requirements.

Then maintain Discount Condition Record for the said Condition type.

Now create the normal Sales Order & select required option in the above feilds. You will see that the Discount Condition Record is automatically picked in Pricing screen.

The above would save a lot of time in Customizing New Sales Order Type & Pricing Procedure & also scope of error on part of end-user would be less.

Hope this helps.. .

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jignesh,

I think it is better to use seperate Cash Sales Doument Type, so that it picks up the discount and also we can track seperately the Cash sales and can be useful for other statistical analysis purposes.

Thank you for all for your valuable inputs.

Regards,

skumar

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sushil,

Thank you for appreciation & sharing your views.

If your question is answered, kindly close the thread...

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta