Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reg : DIR

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

i have a req in this way .

client system had some 1000 DIR'S .

A DIR has a file attached to it .the file original path is in this way : c:\mydocuments\mm\xyz\filename.doc .it does not have any storage location .I think the are saving in their company's network folder .

NOW... we connected to the client system and opened the DIR thru CV03N....when we try to open the file..we got an error msg saying :File c:\mydocuments\mm\xyz\filename.doc could not be accessed.

What is the reason???? How to open the file ??

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

files attached to a DIR this was, can only be opened on the client PC from which the file was attached. Because the file still is in c:\... on this spezific PC

regards Iring

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Arjun,

Iring is right. If the file is not checked in to a storage location, the system always tries to call the file in its origin directory which is C:\....... As the file does not exist on the C:\ drive of your PC I think, the error message is raised.

I can only recommend you to checkin your original files to a KPRO storage category to made it available for all users. Otherwise you should upload the orignials from a network path with is mapped on all user PCs and where these user have read and write authorization.

Best regards,

Christoph