cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMSY: Find a system with the installation number

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

When I access to DSWP --> Change Management --> New Maintenance we get the following warning:

User x has not authorization for the installation number 002054556.

Question:

How can we find this installation number within tcdoe SMSY?

We have almost 80 SAP systems.

Thank you!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Holger,

At transaction SMSY go to Utilities->Analyses. Select header data and execute (F8). There you will have a list of your systems and one of the collum is Installation number.

I hope It could help you.

Best regards,

Tomas.

RajeevP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Great! It works.. We can even search from there

Rajeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Another way is to use the i-Base tx: IB52 -> installation 1 (usually).

Use the search button to search for your instalation number.

The number might belong to more than one system.

Table SMSY_SYSTEM_SAP offers search ability for system number.

/cheers

Edited by: Christian Kaunzner on Oct 22, 2009 12:29 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

The problem still is that the installation number appears within tcode SMSY by creation of new system in the list of installations.

When I access to IB52 --> Installation "1" or table SMSY_SYSTEM_SAP the desired installation number does not appear there.

I also checked all the SAP systems witihn SMSY. No of this has this installaiton number.

Question:

How can I delete this installation number?

RajeevP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Holger,

You reached the change management screen after you selected your Solution. The installation number in the error message must be pointing to the system included in your solution. Please check for the target system's installation number in SMSY assigned for that solution.

Rajeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

Many thanks for your answer.

>The installation number in the error message must be pointing to the system included in your solution. Please check for the target system's installation number in SMSY assigned for that solution.

That is exactly my question, how?

Is there a way within SMSY to find the installation number by search function?

RajeevP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

hi,

In SMSY, there is no search function available to find a system using the installation number (as far as I knwo). But u can always use the logic I explained above to find the system. Most possibly, it will check the target system (usually the production) in your solution (defined in DSWP).

If you want to find the system using a search function only, then you may follow what Christian Kaunzer said.

Hope this answers you.

Rajeev