cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webdav - XML file's

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi expert's,

I configured webdav client. When i acess with my user/pass i can see a few folder's, ex:

- ATTRIBUTES

- GENERICOBJECTS

-LANGUAGES4.00

- (...)

I notice that in a few foruns and configuration guides SAP tell's that it's possible to modify standard settings like attributes and text. The problem is that most of the folder's are empty, so i can not change the XML file according to the guide.

Can u pleade help me ? I have SAP ALL, SAP new authorization but still i dont see the XML files.

Best regards,

Mário.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your quick answer! I checked the bsp applications i found the XML files. My goal is to change the description of some fields in cfolder's portal, for example:

- Insted of showing the Word "Enter" i want to show the word "Subscribe"

When i read the webdav documentation i understood that u can change the description directly in the XML files and than upload again!

Can u help me ? I think that the folder's "languages" is responsible for that, but i dont have any xml file to change!

Best regards,

Mário.

ulf_petzel
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

not sure what you want to achieve? You want to change button texts?

If you really want to change only attribute names, e.g. of a material, and add new attributes, you need to change the respective XML definition.

For material, here a quick example for the respective mat_Attributes.xml:

You want to have the field name change from material description to part description:

- <Attribute EntryRequired="true" ID="MaterialDescription" Namespace="" ReadOnly="false">

<Label Alias="CFX_UI/MATERIAL_DESCRIPTION" Default="" />

<AllowedValues />

</Attribute>

Change the XML portion to:

- <Attribute EntryRequired="true" ID="MaterialDescription" Namespace="" ReadOnly="false">

<Label Default="Part Description" />

<AllowedValues />

</Attribute>

You want to add a new field product category, then add XML:

<Attribute EntryRequired="false" ID="ProductCategory" Namespace="" ReadOnly="false">

<Label Default="Product Category" />

<AllowedValues>

<AllowedValue Default="Capacitor" ID="CAP" />

<AllowedValue Default="Resistor" ID="RES" />

<AllowedValue Default="ASIC" ID="ASI" />

</AllowedValues>

</Attribute>

Works fine!

If you need even translated names of the fields, you need to work with the Alias.

Regards, Ulf.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Bingo, the application that i was looking for was CFX_TEXTS that contains the interface texts ( Portuguese in my case ). Now i can change descriptions and upload again !!

Thanks for your help,

Best regards!

Mário R.

ulf_petzel
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

this might be due to the fact that the XML files are not there since they have not been modified yet. You can download them from the ABAP workbench, in BSP application cfx_gen_obj_typ->MIMEs or cfx_attributes->MIMEs, respectively, depending on what you want to change.

Then, you maintain the XML locally on your drive and then copy it over to the correct folder on the WebDAV directory.

Now, this XML is automatically picked up as part of object processing.

Please let me know if this resolves your problem.

Regards, Ulf.