Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem permited values setting for custom authorizations

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Security

I have encoutered the below problem while creating custom authorization objects

I can't able to set permited values for more than one authorization field in my custom authorization object.

I have created Z_custom authorization object, here I have linked two fields

one is ZTCODE(type of tcode)(custom auth field )another one is is Activity field, but I can only set the values for Activity not for ZTCODE, even while change mode also. even I have tried by creating another custom object there also same issue.

what may be the reason?

Please help me.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also for granularity within the value range, you can use object S_USER_VAL (side note)

For custom fields in custom objects this should work fine, although one might question whey neither of these existed in the standard system at all about could not have been re-used...

Cheers,

Julius

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to update the table TACT or TACTZ with the permitted values for the corresponding object. When you click on the field, sap looks for possible values from this table. Check the transaction SU20 and verify the present field setup.

Also why can't you just use S_TCODE?

Regards,

Gowrinadh

Edited by: Gowrinadh Challagundla on Oct 22, 2009 10:32 AM

0 Kudos

Thanks

If I use S_TCODE then what is the purpose of my custom authorization...

what many authorization fields are in Custom object only I can set permited values only to the authorization filed .

I think TACT & TACTZ are for max values we select for Activity field.

we can not maintain them in SM30.

here my query is how to set the requried values for all authoriation fileds under one custom auth object and are there any steps required like generate etc after setting the values

0 Kudos

Correction here, what I meant was filed name TCD which is used is S_tcode object.

As I uderstand from your post, you are trying to fill some values in ZTCODE field. what do you want to fill in here? are trying to make a new authorization object which says users have display authorizations on below tcodes, change authorizations on below tcodes etc?

Explain the need of your custom object to give a better answer.

sdipanjan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check out the whether a relevant data element has been assigned to that Field.

Regards,

Dipanjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also for granularity within the value range, you can use object S_USER_VAL (side note)

For custom fields in custom objects this should work fine, although one might question whey neither of these existed in the standard system at all about could not have been re-used...

Cheers,

Julius