cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AAE doesn't support parameterized mapping ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

is the AAE doesn't support parameterized mapping ? if yes any workaround for this limitation ? because i want to use JDBC lookup in my mapping ?

Currently, i am using PI 7.1 EHP1 SP3.

Thank You and Best Regards

Fernand

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

I am not sure why sap write that statement in the document. but then like Jorge lopez mention PI 7.1 doesn't support parameterize in the AAE. i have tried to use JDBC lookup in message mapping, the error message occur when you choose the interface mapping with parameter in the integration directory for AAE.

may be you have others solution ? so far i coudn't see the solution to use new lookup feature in AAE ? of course i can still use manual way using UDF. hope sap will support this function in the future.

cheers

fernand

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Good to know this..thanks...in coming days hoping SAP will come up with sol....:)

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Page 11 of the following document says that Mapping Lookups are supported by AAE.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/70b8adc3-728c-2a10-7fad-d43f29074ef8&override...

What is the issue that you are currently facing?

Regards,

Ravi kanth Talagana

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think we can use parametrized message mapping in AAE,i read few days back SAP HELP doc to implement the same,but they dint mentioned anythinmg like thisJDBC adapter supporst AAE concept.so i am thinking there is no limitation like this.

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can't use parameterized mappings when designing an integrated configuration object in the AAE (local processing in the AAE), at least not in PI 7.1, not sure about PI 7.1 (Ehp1). To check completely, after configuring the operation mapping with an import parameter check if you are given the option to pass the parameter in the interface determination when selecting the mapping. If you are not given the option (as it would happen in a normal interface determination), then that option is not available, as it happens in PI 7.1.

One thing more, as you can't use it it may bother you as you won't be able to use the new box in the graphical mapping to do look ups (JDBC, or RFC), as both boxes get the channel from a parameter.

However, you can still create your own UDF and do the lookup manually with java code, it's not a big issue. I had to do it for RFC lookups some times.