cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is webdynpro E2E implementation?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

This question is not related to a technical problem but still i find this forum suitable for this question.

There are two versions of the question.

1. What is webdynpro for java End to End implementation?

2. What is webdynpro Full Life Cycle implementation?

I guess both are same and are used interchangeably.

If not please provide a suitable example in order to understand the difference between the two.

Regards,

Manoj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

In simple words, yes.

Regards.

Rajat

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

I guess the example you are discussing would be said as 1 E2E implementation project as you said these are 2 versions of same project that means second version came into existence due to some shortcoming of the first one, i.e., you provided support and further upgraded the earlier version. All the other steps part of E2E implementation are already mentioned by you.

Regards.

Rajat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Manoj,

The description you have mentioned depicts 1 E2E implementation and support phase of that project.

Thanks,

GLM

Edited by: GLM on Oct 27, 2009 2:47 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Rajat,

Just one more query:

The same E2E concept applies to SAP all other modules like FI, HR, BW/BI etc where one follows requirement gathering, design, implementation, testing etc process to complete one full set of requirement/functionality or a business process?

Regards,

Manoj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

"Full life cycle" implementation means the process start from requirement gathering, analysis, solution design, development and implementing

while

"End-to-end" refers to the full process of an SAP implementation -- from project preparation to go live and support. The stages are: project preparation, blueprinting, realization, final preparation and go live and support.

Regards.

Rajat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks GLM and Rajat,

Now the concept is bit clear.

It means a product development on webdynpro for java can be also termed as E2E implementation?

I have worked on couple of versions of the same product developed on WDJ. Its a huge product consists of lot of DCs, components and views and integrated and hosted on Enterprise portal. It also goes through the process of requirement gathering, design process, implementation, testing and release to customer.

My last Query: Is this can be seen as that "I have done 2 E2E implemetation" or "I have done 2 full life cycle implementation"?

It's just my realistic example to understand E2E implementation

Regards,

Manoj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj ,

we have webdynpro end to end implementation....

these are same like our project like blue print , and gathering requirements, and developing code and testing.

hese are some i given here. but it contains alot .

you can find them in NWDS tool and go Help menu and search over there you can find each and everything in that.

Thank You

Sriram.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks Sriram.

But your response does not provide the detailed answer to my question.

Hoping to get a better answer from someone else present here.

Regards,

Manoj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Manoj,

I dont think the term "End to End" is used for a WebDynpro Development Project as such. Usually when a client looks at a portal implementation that would be called an E2E implementation where the AS IS analysis of the existing process, application would be looked into and then requirement gathering / blueprinting where the requirements for custom developments are captured and documented either as a part of the EP BBP or as a seperate document.

Alternatively if the client already has a portal capable of running WD apps and feel the need to have more development done using WD J then they 'might' want to call it end to end WD J implementation since it would also involve the same process of requirement gathering, walk throughs and then realization.

I hope this suffices your question.

Thanks,

GLM