cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File to File

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

I am in the process of implementing a scenario involving the conversion of a .csv file to .asc. In my scenario, i have done the configuration in ID with out using IR

for ex : i want to move zsri.csv of location A to zsri.asc at location B

i am succesful in moving the file but my target file is coming as csv insted of .asc ,kindly let me know what are steps to be followed to do this

with Regards

Srinivas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Srinivas ,

Give the name of file in receiver adapter as zsri.asc in place of zsri.csv

Regards ,

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear Santhosh ,

i already treied that it is coming as csv only

former_member568822
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Make sure the name .asc was put in "receiver communication channel" . If it still not working try stop and start the communication channel in the runtime workbech as it may cause by the cache not updated.

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Santhosh ,

it has worked , i have uncommented file name at receiver CC , thanks a lot for your answeres

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can also try to change FileName during mapping using DynamicConfiguration.

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/11/10/xi-the-same-filename-from-a-sender-to-a-receiver-file-adapter--sp14

Kind regards,

Radek

former_member568822
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

In you file receiver communication channel under the file name scheme put you file name with .asc

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for your prompt response , i already kept *.asc but the output is coming as CSV file only

Former Member
0 Kudos

Srinivas ,

Try with zsri.asc not with *.asc .

and let us know how it behaves..

Regards

sunilchandra007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

You can write OS script to change the file extension if you are using NFS, otherwise you need to write adaper module for that.

Regards,

Sunil Chandra