cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error MDDataSetBW.GetCellData (WIS 10901)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Iu2019m working with Business Objects series XI 3.1 and SAP BI. It give me the following error when I try to refresh a query in WebI after add on an additional characteristics. If remove that any characteristic, it works fine.

"...MDDataSetBW.GetCellData. See RFC trace file or SAP system log for more details. (WIS 10901)"

Please help me on this.

Regards,

Hizam

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just wanted to add some additional detail to Hizam's note. When he is mentioning the additional characteristics, we observe this on their system when adding a single object to the query panel.

That specific object runs fine by itself and is capable if returning data. It appears we observe the Webi Server suffer a memory leak during this process and has to be restarted.

The system tested was on XI 3.0 (where error/Webi memory leak occurs) and also on XI 3.1 SP2 where the memory leak for Webi happens.

In checking fixes up to FP 1.7 do not see this issue addressed.

Thanks!

Steven Davis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Davis and Hizam,

Think is not million of records if cells if you have 10 dimensions and 100.000 records you will have this problem, because is million of cells.

How many dimension do you have in the query panel?

Other issue that I had with similar error number was related to LOV, and I solved this procedure:

1. check your Web Intelligence Processing Servers are enabled and running?

2. Does the user have the appropriate rights to the universe and connection underlying the report?

3. Do an integrity check on the Universe and resolve all cardinality issues from the migration.

Once all the integrity issues were resolved and the LOV's recreated u2013try to re-export the Universe, which will resolve the WIS errors.

4. check you have the Universes existing in the correct universe folders.

5. And also check the disk space.

Best regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Federico,

Thanks for that information's, we will look into those SAP notes. But, the DSO only have 5000++ number of records. It doesnt makes sense for it to consume such a high memory.

Thanks

Best Regards,

Hizam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hizam,

Your probably is getting more than one million cells, if you are using BW 7.0 you have that limitation.

The solutions is install EHP1 and have BW 7.01.

If you can read this notes:

SAP Note 1232751 - MDX: Result contains too many cells (more than 1 million)

SAP Note 1151015 - MDX: More than 1000000 values for each axis (CrossJoin)

SAP Note 1137583 - MDX: High memory consumption for complex statements

I hope this help you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Can anybody help us on this?? We have look on SDN post and no result found. We also checked on ST22 and also couldnt find any solution for it.

Thanks

Best Regards,

Hizam