Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

PI --> AIX (version=5.3, arch=ppc64)

Target --> FTP server (SunOS 5.8)

PI Software Build Information

Make Release NW07_08_REL

SPS Number 08

I used File Send Adapter in my communication channels that is FTP ... scenario is working fine..

but in the RWB- Communication Channel Monitoring(ERROR Status)

The FTP server was running on UNIX..

If the file is there in the source directory it was processing successfully..

even though the remaing all the time it was throwing the following Error Mesage in the RWB-Communication Channel Monitoring..

Could not process file 'DELRESS*.PRD: No such file or directory': com.sap.exception.standard.SAPIllegalArgumentException:

The parameter "argument" has the value

"ftp://XX.XX.XX.XX:21/var/mis/interface/MRO/E100SW/get_test/DELRESS*.PRD: No such file or directory", so it contains the

character "ftp://XX.XX.XX.XX:21/var/mis/interface/MRO/E100SW/get_test/DELRESS*.PRD: No such file or directory" which is not allowed

-

drwxrwxrwx 3 develp users 512 Oct 21 16:44 get_test

-

Please Suggest me.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182004
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kim,

character "ftp://XX.XX.XX.XX:21/var/mis/interface/MRO/E100SW/get_test/DELRESS*.PRD: No such file or directory" which is not allowed

I guess that what you wrote is not the problem, but I'd like to ask you. in the SourceDirectoy field, did you just only put the path of the files? or you also put the port? If you put the port, erase it, in the FTP Connection parameters there's a field to do that.

Regards,

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Juan,

-

Integration Directory

Edit File Adapter Channel

Adapter Type - Sender

File Access Parameters

Source Directory --> /var/mis/interface/MRO/E100SW/get_test

File Name --> DELRESS*.PRD

FTP Connection Parameters

Sever : xx.xx.xx.xx

Port : 21

Data Connection : Passive

User Name : xxx

Password : xxx

Connect Mode : Permanently

Transfer mode : Binary

-

RWB Result -->

10/23/09 9:59:29 AM Retry interval started. Length: 600.0 seconds

10/23/09 9:59:29 AM Could not process file 'DELRESS.PRD: No such file or directory': com.sap.exception.standard.SAPIllegalArgumentException: The parameter "argument" has the value "ftp://xx.xx.xx.xx:21/var/mis/interface/MRO/E100SW/get_test/DELRESS.PRD: No such file or directory", so it contains the character "ftp://xx.xx.xx:21/var/mis/interface/MRO/E100SW/get_test/DELRESS*.PRD: No such file or directory" which is not allowed

10/23/09 9:59:28 AM Processing started

10/23/09 9:59:28 AM 43264ba5-1d31-4e27-00d5-c30b90ef5066 Processing finished successfully

10/23/09 9:59:28 AM 43264ba5-1d31-4e27-00d5-c30b90ef5066 Message with ID 43264ba5-1d31-4e27-00d5-c30b90ef5066 processed

10/23/09 9:59:28 AM Processing started

Go well if is data, Error happens when is not.

Thanks for all your help?

former_member182004
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kim,

Once, we faced something like that in a project, did you try to change the path? to see if it doesn't throw that error when the directory is empty?. And after that change it again to the original dir.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

As per my experience, it is an authorization issue. Check the authorization for both File as well as for directory.

Regards,

Sarvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try changing the connection mode from permanent to Per File Transfer instead..

HTH

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI. Rajesh

I'm setting the Connect mode as "Per file transfer"

I happen to SunOS 5.8(220 sis03 FTP server (SunOS 5.8) ready.)

ID

Source Directory --> /var/mis/interface/MRO/E100SW/put_test Change

file Name --> E*.csv Change

Connection mode : Per file transfer Change

QoS : Exactly Once

Poll Interval(secs) : 600

Processing Mode : Test

-RWB-Result--

10/27/09 4:51:20 PM Retry interval started. Length: 600.0 seconds

10/27/09 4:51:20 PM Could not process file 'E.csv: No such file or directory': com.sap.exception.standard.SAPIllegalArgumentException: The parameter "argument" has the value "ftp://xx.xx.xx.xx:21/var/mis/interface/MRO/E100SW/put_test/E.csv: No such file or directory", so it contains the character "ftp://xx.xx.xx.xx:21/var/mis/interface/MRO/E100SW/put_test/E*.csv: No such file or directory" which is not allowed

10/27/09 4:51:20 PM Processing started

If do apollo FTP server, error does not happen.(220 apollo FTP server (Revision 1.1 Version wuftpd-2.6.1(PHNE_38578) Fri Sep 5 12:10:13 GMT 2008) ready.)

-RWB-Result--

10/27/09 4:44:50 PM Polling interval started. Length: 10.0 seconds

10/27/09 4:44:50 PM Processing finished successfully

10/27/09 4:44:50 PM Processing started

Thanks in advance .

Edited by: KIM YONGWOO on Oct 27, 2009 8:58 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are also facing the same issue.

Was there a fix for this issue?

Thanks All

Aravind

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is the same error we are getting ..

Could not process file '.txt: No such file or directory': com.sap.exception.standard.SAPIllegalArgumentException: The parameter "argument" has the value "ftp://<server>:21//ready/.txt: No such file or directory", so it contains the character "ftp://<server>:21//ready/*.txt: No such file or directory" which is not allowed

Edited by: Aravind Sathiyanarayanan on Nov 11, 2009 7:40 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

We also faced the same issue before 1 month.

Check this

REgards

Former Member
0 Kudos

"Solved with Hostname and also we need to mention the root directory if any also"

Could you please let me know the details of the solution.

where did u have the hostname added ?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Instead connecting to FTP with IP address, connect with Hosta Name and also check with FTP team ask them to provide the roor directory also if any thing

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kim,

Try to access your FTP site using any ftp tool like FileZilla or FTP Pro using same username and pwd. It will take you to the root directory of FTP user and then validate your path. May be root directory for FTP user is setup incorrectly.

Also your FTP server is on Unix. Make sure you follow the same directory name ( its case sensitive). Also try to use "\" than "/"

Hope this will help.

Thanks,

Nilesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all for your inputs.

We are using the hostname instead of ip address.

It is a ftp location outside our network and we are able to login to ftp location from cmd prompt and look into the folder with the FTP username/password.

When they place a file we are able to pick the file with no issues..only thing is the channel is in red with the above error...

Do we need to add the host file entry in the PI server box for the ftp location?

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I experienced this error once, too. My conclusion was, that this error is caused by the response from the ftp server. When PI checks for new files with "DELRESS.PRD" and there is no file that matches the pattern, the server responds with "ftp://XX.XX.XX.XX:21/var/mis/interface/MRO/E100SW/get_test/DELRESS.PRD: No such file or directory". Now PI wants to process the file with this strange name that contains illegal characters. Because of the illegal characters PI is dropping an error in communication channel monitoring.

If there is a file, the channel processes it normally. Each poll interval, where no file can be found, the seen error is being produced.

And now?

Changing the way that the ftp server responds, when no file is being found? Other ftp servers don't give a "No such file or directory" error back.

Changing PI, so it understands the response in the right way? I didn't find a proper solution. Maybe others?

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are absolutely right Heinrich !!.

So how did u fix the issue,did you asked the ftp admin to not send the response back to PI?

Thanks,

Aravind

Former Member
0 Kudos

We were waiting for a new release of the ftp software and somewhen the issue got forgotten

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

I contacted the ftp team and they say that nothing has changed from their end.

Planning to raise this issue to SAP.

Keeping my fingers crossed.!!!.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Aravind

Thank,

1. I added Host name(SI3-XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX)

2. I'm try to use "\" than "/"

File Send Adapter

Source Directory : /var/mis/interface/MRO/E100SW/get_test --> \var\mis\interface\MRO\E100SW\get_test

File Name : AAAAA.txt

Server : SI3

connection mode : Per File Transfer

-

RWB Result(First case)----

11/13/09 9:03:26 AM Processing started

11/13/09 9:03:21 AM Retry interval started. Length: 10.0 seconds

11/13/09 9:03:21 AM Could not process file 'AAAAA.txt: No such file or directory': com.sap.exception.standard.SAPIllegalArgumentException: The parameter "argument" has the value "ftp://SI3:21/var/mis/interface/MRO/E100SW/get_test/AAAAA.txt: No such file or directory", so it contains the character "ftp://SI3:21/var/mis/interface/MRO/E100SW/get_test/AAAAA.txt: No such file or directory" which is not allowed

-

RWB Result(Second case)----

11/13/09 9:03:26 AM Retry interval started. Length: 10.0 seconds

11/13/09 9:03:26 AM Could not process file 'AAAAA.txt: No such file or directory': com.sap.exception.standard.SAPIllegalArgumentException: The parameter "argument" has the value "ftp://XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:21/var/mis/interface/MRO/E100SW/get_test/AAAAA.txt: No such file or directory", so it contains the character "ftp://XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:21/var/mis/interface/MRO/E100SW/get_test/AAAAA.txt: No such file or directory" which is not allowed

-

RWB Result(Third case)----

11/13/09 9:04:43 AM Retry interval started. Length: 10.0 seconds

11/13/09 9:04:43 AM An error occurred while connecting to the FTP server 'SI3:21'. The FTP server returned the following error message: 'com.sap.aii.adapter.file.ftp.FTPEx: 550 \var\mis\interface\MRO\E100SW\get_test: No such file or directory.'. For details, contact your FTP server vendor.

11/13/09 9:04:43 AM Processing started

11/13/09 9:04:40 AM Retry interval started. Length: 10.0 seconds

-

RWB Result(4th case)----

11/13/09 9:06:05 AM Retry interval started. Length: 10.0 seconds

11/13/09 9:06:05 AM An error occurred while connecting to the FTP server 'XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:21'. The FTP server returned the following error message: 'com.sap.aii.adapter.file.ftp.FTPEx: 550 \var\mis\interface\MRO\E100SW\get_test: No such file or directory.'. For details, contact your FTP server vendor.

It is always same problem

Please help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Kim for your inputs.

So does the "per file transfer"connection mode change solved your issue before?

Thanks,

Aravind

siddhesh_pathak4
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Arvind,

Do you get the solution for this? thanks for your help in advance.

Thanks,

Siddhesh Pathak