cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smartforms Header issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have an issue with printing header of a table. I have two tables in a LOOP node, they should print one after the other by honoring printing headers at table header and at page breaks, which is working fine. But, suppose one table ends its prining at the end of the page2, the next table's header needs to be printed on the next page(page3), which is fine. But the problem is that this table's header is printing at page3's bottom. It looks like overlapping. If you need more information please feel free to ask.

Your help is appreciated.

Thank you,

Surya.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

With in a loop we can't pass two tables because we can pass the table data in the data tab of a loop so

here we can give one table only.

Over lapping is possible only when any two windows positions are overlapping so please check the windows

positoins.

based on my understanding of your requirment i can suggest some process but i too had not tested the same.

you need the 2nd table data on entirely new page.

So create one more page for this table data.

and the pages flow should be

If you have two pages including the page i mentioned.

Page1 next page Page1

Page2 next page page2 only

the page2 will be called through a command node at the end of the main window only.

If you have three pages including the page i mentioned.

Page1 next page Page2

Page2 next page page2only

the page3will be called through a command node at the end of the main window only.

In the last page create a loop and pass your second internal table data

And about you header data for second table just create a templete with text node of your second header above the loop.

Thanks,

Phani.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Let me be more clear. I have created an example. I am trying to paste the XML file here, but space is not engough. Please let me know if there is any way that I can send you the file. Or Is there a way that I can create that file here.

The logic is I have taken materials 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 into an internal table which is the outer loop, but you take your materials make sure that all materials you take exist in your system. For each material I am filling an internal table ts_output for 45 times. This ts_output is assigned to a table, kept inside the loop and print the data. Run the form and observe the each page of the output. In my example bottom of 6th page header is printed with no shading, looks like overlaping. This is the issue. More questions please feel free to ask.

Thank you,

Surya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am wondering no one had this issue before. I did not find clue for this yet. If you create an example like above you will see the problem. Any questions please let me know.

Thank you,

Surya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you putting the header in header part of main window or main area part making a table line?

You can do 1 thing..

if u r putting it in main area part only.. den make a folder in that.. put all table lines including header line in that folder.

And put a page break on folder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why dont you make a header in a separate window outside main window. it will print on each page..

Ask me if u have any issue?

Former Member
0 Kudos

The problem is each table's header is different. These have to be printed one after the other based on the outer loop.

Does anyone had this situation before?

Thank you,

Surya.