Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending Po with file attached

juan_bauelos
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi gurus.

I'm facing following issue:

Customer requires send PO to vendors with files attached via DMS.

Is there any standard solution to do that? or will be necessary develop an ABAP program?

I'll really appreciate your help.

Best Regards.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As for as I know, in standard it's not available. But I'm not sure.

But let us wait for experts like Christoph Hopf . They should through some light on this.

juan_bauelos
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Amaresh!

Where could I reach to Chris?

REgards.

Juan.

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Juan

Christoph Hopf is moderator & SAP employee. You don't need to find him. He'll answere whenever he visits this thread.

Thanks

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

MangeshP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Juan

I know that there is no standard available. But yes I can give you logic.

Whenever you send PO via Mail, You can simultaneously pick up DIR linked to the PO and trigger the Document distribution of that DIR or DIR's attached. You can fetch the Vendors mail ID from Vendor Master record.

Hope its usefull.

With Regards

Mangesh Pande

juan_bauelos
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mangesh.

Thanks for you help.

I've found the function with PO-Num.Doc relationship, but what I'm not understand is How I'm going to trigger distribution documment in order to send document with PO.

Now I have a doubt, Vendor will get two emails separetly?

REgards.

MangeshP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Juan

Yes vendor will receive mail seperately.

You can send mail from SAP instead of Document Distribution. The disadvantage would be you will not have log of what documents has been sent to whom.

With Regards

Mangesh Pande

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mangesh,

Can you plz elaborate more on document distribution steps,I am struggling to send document to concern users.

when checked in CVi9,log error is as follows...

error is:- "No recipient could be determined

I am a functional person and not having any exp in DMS,but am able to create documents and linked it to users....

Waiting for your reply....

MangeshP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Rahul

You will have to activate Workflow templates.

With Regards

Mangesh Pande

MangeshP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Rahul

Please check the settings for your distribution types based on the following information:

1. 'File processing'

Please verify that you have maintained the correct value '2' in the field 'File processing' for the used distribution types (INT, RML,..). You can check this in customizing under:

Cross-Application Components >> Document Management System >> Document Distribution >> Distribution Type >> Define distribution types

2. Activate Type-Linkage:

If those actions won't help to solve this issue you can also check if the flag 'Linkage Activated' for the entry 'DRAW CHANGED DISTRIBUTION' in transaction SWETYPV to get the workflow running.

Afterwards please re-activate the workflow templates WS20000104 and WS20000137 once again to realise this changes.

With Warm Regrads

Mangesh Pande