Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java Mapping

former_member457420
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Iam thinking of developing some java code for message mapping(java mapping).Iam new to XI,and would like to have the following questions answered:).

[1]

Is Netweaver developer studio part of SAP system(ie: Can I add it as a plug-in in the SAP system) or is it a seperate program which I have to install.

[2]

Is it free,If yes please provide me with a link to download it.

[3]

In my company we are using XI 3.0(SP version ,dont know .Have to check).If I decide to use eclipse editor for java mapping,Which are the libraries and files(JRE version for xi3.0) that I need to import into the eclipse so that, when I make a jar file out of my mapping from eclipse and import it under my XI 3.0,It works without complaining.

[4]

Which eclipse version should I download.(Guess XI 3.0 supports only Java 4 and not Java5) or does the eclipse version matter at all.

and finally

[5]

From where can I get the needed libraries & files needed for eclipse editor.

Thanks a lot

P

Edited by: pazzuzu on Oct 21, 2009 10:41 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

refer this thread

and a blog [First eclipse plug-in for XI|/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/12/27/first-eclipse-plug-in-for-xi]

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

What format can JDBC adapter communicate in? If

communications with JDBC using XML format, what are the

actions we could do?

thanks in advance

Munna

former_member457420
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Guys...

P

former_member568822
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

You may do the mapping coding under UDF(user define function) in XI message mapping tool without need to do it using the NWDS. If you really have to do the mapping using NWDS then you may import the .jar file as a imported archives and then assign the mapping under Interface mapping.

Thanks.

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

1]

Is Netweaver developer studio part of SAP system(ie: Can I add it as a plug-in in the SAP system) or is it a seperate program which I have to install.

NetWeaver Developer Studio its not Part of SAP System,You have to download it from SAP,My Advice use eclipse 3.0 version to develop JAVA Mapping

[2]

Is it free,If yes please provide me with a link to download it.

eclipse.org,download only 3.0 version,because its compatible to JDK.1.4.2.

[3]

In my company we are using XI 3.0(SP version ,dont know .Have to check).If I decide to use eclipse editor for java mapping,Which are the libraries and files(JRE version for xi3.0) that I need to import into the eclipse so that, when I make a jar file out of my mapping from eclipse and import it under my XI 3.0,It works without complaining.

USE jdk.1.4.2 Version,because XI3.0 suports 1.4.2 version.

then you need to add aii.map.api.jar file to your package,serch in sdn you wil find the link to donwload jar file

[4]

Which eclipse version should I download.(Guess XI 3.0 supports only Java 4 and not Java5) or does the eclipse version matter at all.

and finally

3.0 version

[5]

From where can I get the needed libraries & files needed for eclipse editor

search in SDN to donwload aii.map.api.jar file for xi 3.0.

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

1) NWDS is a seprate component , which you have to deploy seprately.

2) you can download trial version free from sdn-->download area.

3) for java mapping refer below forum.