cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dispalying only result Rows

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I have a requirement where I need to supress detailed rows. and display only result. it cant be done by taking out drilldown characteristics as formulas goes for a toss.

Let me know a better way to achive it please?

Example

Channel Supervisor Reportees (Reportees > 12)

Nevada Mr Jeremy Davis 5 0

Nevada Mrs Angela Stabb 16 1

Nevada Mr William Jordy 1 0

Nevada Mr Kenneth Organ 12 0

Nevada Mr Peter Hawkins 2 0

Nevada Mr Gerard Williams 1 0

Nevada Mrs Valerie Lauderdale 14 1

Result 51 2

California Mr Geoffrey 1 0

California Mr David Riste 3 0

California Mr Robert 14 1

California Mr David Cooper 4 0

California Mrs Kathryn 3 0

Result 25 1

Texas Mr Henry King 5 0

Texas Mr Geoffrey Jones 13 1

Texas Mr David Davies 3 0

Texas Mr William Thomas 16 1

Result 37 2

I want it to appear as

Channel Reportees (Reportees > 12)

Nevada 60 2

California 25 1

Texas 37 2

Result 122 5

Please Suggest the way to achive this?

Would sure award points for this.

Cheers

Kirk

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188325
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

remove Supervisor from rows or hide it!

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you set Supervisor to No Display, you will see the break up, i.r. different rows. Only if you remove it from the drilldwon will you be able to see the aggregated data,

Hope this helps...

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kirk.

You should be able to do this with a pre-query or pre-calculated value set.

The idea is to use one query to filter out the values for your Supervisor characteristic, in your case all supervisor with more than 12 reportees.

In a second query, you put channel in the rows and reportees in the columns. The Supervisor char you place in the filter or free char's.

Now, define a characteristic value variable for Supervisor, and chose "replacement path" for it's processing type.

Next, enter the query where you filter out the values for Supervisor and you are done.

Every time you execute the second query, the first one is run and the result from that one used as a filter in the second.

Good luck!

Jacob

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Pete,

Not sure if its going to work for me. But its good idea to supress these rows in web template.

I have awarded u the points for this .

Cheers

Kirk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kirk,

Is the problem resolved. We have similar situation. It will be great help if you provide some inputs.

Thanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kirk,

Is the problem resolved. I have similar situation. It will be great help if you provide some inputs.

Thanks in advance.

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

This can be solved with a combination of BEx and Web Application Designer (WAD).

The trick is to create a report that calculates the results on top left of the BEx report. Then go to WAD and include the BEx query, but only show the first colunmn.

The result is, you only get to see the result column in the Web Report, not the underlying records that the results are calculated from! Not sure if this will exactly give you what you need for this but it will give you the general idea:

In BEx Query:

- Click Query Properties (next to the "check" sign)

- Click Display

- Results Position Dropdown box: Top Left.

Execute the regular BEx query and you will see that the yellow results part is moved from its regular position.

In WAD:

- Drag a table into the "template-window"

- Assign your query to the table

- On the top of the properties tab select "Table1" (or whatever you have named your table

- Click Web Item

- Scroll Down

- Leave "Data Display From Value Column" as '1'

- Set "Data Display From Value Column" to '2'.

Execute the report to test it. Maybe you have to include more than one column to meet your requirement. Also, you can use the same trick for rows as well, if that fits your report requirements better.

Edit to include: You can use exceptions to display values that holds a certain value. I'm unsure if exceptions works on result rows.......To try to solve this, I would create a formula/calculatedKF that uses the "Overall Result" function for your characteristic. Then create an exception that only allows a value 12 or greater in the report for this formula/calculatedKF.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Petter

Message was edited by: M Petter

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kirk,

The reqd result will be generated if you remove Supervisor from the drilldown.

Hope this helps...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhanu,

Thanks for the quick reply. I am afraid required result wont be generated if I remove Supervisor.

The probles is it derived second Keyfigure from the first one. It checks fro KF1 if its greater than 12 KF2 will be assigned 1 (i.e. true).

But in result I want number of supervisors who have more than 12 reportees.

Hope you are getting what I mean.

Cheers

Kirk