cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CJ20n - Project Finish Date - Purchase Requisitions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a question about the "Finish Date" field in CJ20n - Basic Data Tab.

What effects does the date in the field have? (Is it just for information?)

We would like to enter a date as a finish date and if someone tries to create a purchase requisition on the project dated after the finish date, there should be a message or warning that prevents the creation. Is this possible with that field or any other field?

Thanks

Anne

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anne,

The Finish Date field in the Basic Data tab page doesnt have any adverse effects as such. The field implies the planned finish date of your project. In certain cases this date is specified and in certain the system determines it by way of scheduling. It is not a mandatory filed and you can still proceed with your project without specifying the Finish Date.

Coming to the 2nd query. I dont think system will prevent you from creating a PR when this particular Finish Date is reached. However you can control it by system/user status. Once this date is reached you can set a status which will prohibit the creation of PR.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Gokul

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Basic Finish date --- corresponds to the date by which the work or the activity corresponding to that WBS needs to finished. Based up scheduling type and scheduling parameters setting.....this feilds will get updated.

For you to restrict or warn incases where a P.R planned delivery date or creation date is beyond that date, you can think of using release stratergy and release only those P.Rs where the above condition holds good.

Thanks

Saikishore.Ganga

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sai i correct

for backward scheduling, when you create project system will ask you for the end date

for foward scheduling, when you create project system will ask you for the start date or propose today as default

forward and backwark are scheduling type

these dates both forward and backward are then used for the network scheduling functionality