cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proper syntax to connect remote clients to multi-instance BRTOOLS Studio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I created a multi-instanced installation of BRTOOLS Studio 7.1 on one of my systems.

My problem is that the remote instances will not connect even after giving the system time to sync (gave it a day)

I am creating the new instance and entering the following information.

I am running AIX 5.3L and Oracle 10g in my landscape.

name: SID

(Remote) shell: rsh SID -l oraSID

Documentation states Studio will append "brtools" to the syntax.

Administrator User

Name: "my user"

Role: "BR*Tools Studio Administrator"

Password: xxxxxxxx

Database User Name: oraSID

password: xxxxxxxx

BR*Tools Default Profile: initSID.sap

Does anyone know whether there is any specific syntax that needs to be added to get the clients to connect in AIX?

I have already read SAPNote 1224432 and the forum in which it was brought up

But none of these solutions seem to work for me. I believe the problem is that when I run the command in my AIX command line, I cannot get it to execute a remote shell command without having to enter a password.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Was able to resolve the issue working with SAP OSS Support.

0 Kudos

Hi, I have landed into same problem. Kindly assist us how SAP resolved the problem.

Regards,

Rohini Kumar.T

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good morning Rohini,

I did the following per SAP OSS support.

Made sure I was on the newest version of BI TOOLS.

Adjusted /etc/hosts files to enable communication between host and client systems

modified the /etc/hosts.equiv file on the client adding ORA<SID>,<SID>ADM, and ROOT of the host.

modified /etc/hosts.equiv on the HOST adding <SID>+ of the client where <SID> is the client you are adding.

on the host, run 'rsh <sid> -l ora<sid> env' to display environment variables visible to host via rsh

If they are not listed, add environment variables on the client instance for ORACLE_SID, ORACLE_HOME, SAPDATA_HOME, and the PATH where the brtools is executed. Do this by modifying the /etc/environment file.

Once you have modified the file verify changes to the environment by running the command rsh <sid> -l ora<sid> env again. Then verify you can execute brtools remotely via rsh by executing command rsh <sid> -l ora<sid> brtools

Follow the instructions in SAP Note 113747 to adjust permissions for the executable files.

Once you have done this, sign into the brtools studio interface and add the client, using this string in the '(remote) shell' field.

rsh <sid> -l ora<sid>

I hope these instructions help you!