cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emails are not generated in CUP To approver, manager

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ALL,

I Configured one work flow in CUP. I did SMTP Server setting, EMAIL Remainder setting.

When I create new account request , CUP is provisioning access properly and automatic mail is going to that user. Mail is not coming to Approve r.

When I create other requests (change account etc) provisioning is done properly, but mails are not generated to user, approve r, manager .?

How can I fix this? Please suggest.

Thanks,

Joseph

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Joseph,

There can be only 2 issues here:

1) SMTP server config is not correct or CUP is not able to reach SMTP server.

Ask Basis person to ping the SMTP server from CUP. If it works, then don't worry about 1).

2) Email reminder job is not running or emails are going to junk email

Check the log for email reminder job and make sure it is activated and running. check your junk mail folder.

Rgds,

Alpesh

koehntopp
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Pretty sure it's the background job...

You need to schedule the EMAIL DISPATCHER job in order to send out emails (like, every two minutes or so), and the EMAIL REMNDER job if you want to send out reminders for unfinished approval tasks.

Frank.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I scheduled the EMAIL DISPATCHER, EMAIL REMNDER job immediate run. Still no mails are coming.

koehntopp
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Please schedule the EMAIL DISPATCHER to run every 2 minutes, activate it and then try another request.

I think the immediate execution only works if have scheduled the job as a recurring job previously.

Frank.

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> I think the immediate execution only works if have scheduled the job as a recurring job previously.

Per my experience, it is not the case. Immediate execution should work.

@Joseph : Check the DEBUG mode logs

Cheers !!

Zaheer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Now mails are coming. CUA System problem.

Thank you for replies.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

what was your CUA problem ? Because I had same problem of you, after CUP configuration, mails are not sent. I schedule EMAIL DISPACHER every 1 minute but it still doesn't work.

We have also a CUA system so I'm interested by CUA problem you solved.

Thanks !

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually CUA System should be connected to all your back end systems .In CUA we need to configure this .After doing this its coming and also make sure that in back end SCOT Transaction ,SMTP server is configured.Check whether mails are coming into queue in SOST.Run the back ground job to push all your mails in SCOT.