cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Entries in Table USR40

Former Member
0 Kudos

In our BI System TableUSR40 should contain certain words or characters to avoid users setting them as their passwords.

To make entries in table USR40 we need to open the Production system our customer doesnu2019t want to open the system for audit purpose, they want to make the entries in DEV system then transport to QAS then PRD.

My doubt about u201CIs it possible to move the new entries in Table USR40 from DEV to QAS then PRDu201D.

Please give me your valuable suggestion on this reg.

thanks

Jayson

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In that case I would try to create manually a request order with the code R3TR TABU USR40 to include the content of the USR40 table.

Regards,

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Olivier,

Could you please more clear.

Jayson.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to create a transport request and a task with in it.

The task details should be as mentioned as above. TABU stands for table. you can also transport the table using SM30.

Regards,

Gowrinadh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

anindya_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Peter

You try from SM30.Much easier option for table transport.

In DEV system

1. SM30

2. Enter the table/view name

3.CLick on Transport ( Truck Symbol)-- You will get a message table is cross client. Just click on continue

4. On the next Dialog Box ( Prompt for workbench request) , press F8 or create new request.

5 Put a description and QAS as your target system. Save

Now you know the request number, release that from DEV system ( SE03) and transport that to QAS and then PRD.

Hope this helps

0 Kudos

Hi,

First add all the entries to USR40 table in devolopment system.

Then export that table from devolopment systems.

SE03->Include objects in a transport request->on the next screen click on selected objects> select the R3TR TABL Table/Structure option>enter table name -->click on execute.

Once you include the object in transport request...relaese that transport request.

After that move that transport to production.

Thanks & Regards,

nagarjun.