Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Displaying Excel worksheet in portal

peter_jarsunek
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi gyus,

is it possible to display excel sheet in portal? I tried URL iView with file:///d:\... protocol, but it doesn't work.

Is there any way, how to do it?

Thanx, Peter

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

we integrate office tools in portal. but i've a question.

when i push the excel or word shortcut in portal, it asks me to open or save the xsl or doc. if i push the open button portal displays excel or word sheet in seperate web browser. but we don't want it in web browser. is it possible to open the sheets as itself (not in web browser).

best regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi peter,

recently i publish 1 bw workbook in portal .. ur requirement is like that just let me know,..

i will tell how publish workbook in portal.. if not leave it..

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

I too have a similar requirement. I want to open an empty word or excel with a click in EP and that too not in explorer.

Please Help if you have found the answer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I had a similar problem, like the user can upload a excel file from the client system and the data should be stored in the backend.

Can any one help me.

MrChowdary

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

correct way to invoke is

file:///c:/

even for windows environment.

Regards,

Piyush

ps: please mark if useful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

You can use document iView for the same also.

If you have the excel file in the portal,

1. Go to Content Admin - > KM Content.

2. Select the file . Go To Details - > Properties - > Access links

3. Get the Target Url.

4. Create a document iView in Content Admin -> Portal Content - > New - > iView

5. Specify the Target URL in the document Path.

6. Preview.

7. You will be asked to open or save the file.

Regards,

venkat.

[Pls reward points if useful]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Peter,

You can integrate office documents (word and excel only) into the portal using Web Dynpro.

The help documentation that comes with Netweaver Developer Studio covers how to do this. Here is a sample from the documentation:

The implementation of the OfficeControl UI element supports:

· Opening a new document by calling the method ShowDocument:

WDOfficeControlMethods.showDocument(IWDController refToTheController, String strControlId

· Opening an existing document by calling the method ShowDocument:

WDOfficeControlMethods.showDocument(IWDController refToTheController, String strControlId

· Saving the document by calling the method SaveDocument:

WDOfficeControl.saveDocument(IWDController refToTheController, String strControlId

· Closing the document by calling the method CloseDocument:

WDOfficeControlMethods.closeDocument(IWDController refToTheController, String strControlId

The prerequisite for using the OfficeControl UI element is the installation of one of the following software programs:

· Microsoft Office 2000

· Microsoft Office XP

Hope this helps.

-Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Peter,

Pls check if your URL is valid, trying to open it from browser.

I dont think you can do d:\ within file:///

-Dileep

peter_jarsunek
Participant
0 Kudos

Dileep, thanx for answer..

Unfortunately, it also doesn't work. Does anyone have any other idea?

Thanx, Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter, you can create a URL alias, put the Excel doc in the respective folder on the server and call it via a URL iView.

Regards,

SK.

peter_jarsunek
Participant
0 Kudos

SK, what did u mean with the URL alias? I already tried to open it via URL iView, but it seems, that it can be really only HTTP source... If I put there D:\file.xls , it displays nothing.

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

The HTTP alias is an alternative name to the location of a static resource on the Web server (such as an HTML page).

<u><b>Defining Aliases Using Visual Administrator</b></u>

Use Visual Administrator tool to manage aliases on a virtual host. Open the Runtime screen of HTTP Service running on server. Next:

1. Choose the virtual host, for which you want to define alias, from the list

2. Choose Alias tab

3. Enter the name of the alias and the corresponding path to a directory on the local file system

4. Choose Add

The name of the alias and the directory path it points to must appear in a list on the screen. Make sure you choose Save Properties to permanently save your changes.

For more info, see: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/ee/0618d0899001408d821096c85ff8a2/content.htm

Regards,

SK

<i>PS: Plz assign points for helpful answers!</i>