Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RE: HR fields INFTY & INFOTYP

sreekanth_sunkara
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

can i know the difference between P_ORGIN and PLOG, i am getting confused when to use PLOG and when to use P_ORGIN for the HR roles.

also i see INFTY field in P_ORGIN and INFOTYP field in PLOG; are these both same that appear in 2 objects?

I need some help on this.

thanks in advance,

S

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

PLOG copntrols access to organisational management infotypes, these are applicable on position and org units visible through transactions like PO13 (position maintenance) and PO10 (org. unit maintenenace)

P_ORGIN relates to personnel administration infotypes, accessed through transactions PA30 etc...

The infotype fields for the objects therefore must be segregated.

When you're building your HR roles, depending ont he business role of the target audience, you'll need to balance access to both of these objects, but your HR functional consultants should be able to work with you to identify the requirements.

Hope this helps,

Tom.

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

PLOG copntrols access to organisational management infotypes, these are applicable on position and org units visible through transactions like PO13 (position maintenance) and PO10 (org. unit maintenenace)

P_ORGIN relates to personnel administration infotypes, accessed through transactions PA30 etc...

The infotype fields for the objects therefore must be segregated.

When you're building your HR roles, depending ont he business role of the target audience, you'll need to balance access to both of these objects, but your HR functional consultants should be able to work with you to identify the requirements.

Hope this helps,

Tom.

0 Kudos

Just to add to the above information, check infotype details and their usage below.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_45b/helpdata/en/9a/524035634df01ee10000009b38f889/frameset.htm

0 Kudos

Tom,

Thanks a lot for your fast response. so field INFTY & INFOTYP are same and based on the HR requirement we use them correct?

one more question is

now i am adding IT0057, IT0077 and IT0094 and these are not related to OM, so i am adding them to P_ORGIN is that correct?

thanks,

Sun

0 Kudos

Thanks Gowrinath

0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for your fast response. so field INFTY & INFOTYP are same and based on the HR requirement we use them correct?

Yes

now i am adding IT0057, IT0077 and IT0094 and these are not related to OM, so i am adding them to P_ORGIN is that correct?

0057 Membership Fees (Infotype 0057)

0077 Additional Personal Data

0094 Residence Status

None of the above infotyopes areorganizational values