cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOE XI Release 2 - Secured Connection

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the Designer (BO XI release 2), when I try to create a connection for my universe using Oracle 10 for Database Middleware then on Login Parameters screen, I only have Personal or Shared Not the Secured type. How do I get the the Secured type?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

You are right about authentication. I was instructed to use Window AD for authentication. I will have a talk with the admin today. I'll keep you up to date. Thanks for the advise.

Khanh Tran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to log on BOE to have access to secured connections. Only shared and personal connections are available in standalone mode.

Didier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How do I know that I log on BOE or in standalone mode. When I start the Designer, the User Identification window pop up then I entered the System name and Authentication but no user name or password.

Thanks

Khanh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the Designer login dialog box you have to choose Enterprise in the authentication combo box. You have multiple choices in this combo box.

Then, to be authentified on the CMS, you need at least to provide a username (the password is optional depending on the user definition in the CMS).

Didier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you are logging in designer, wthat type of authentication you are using. i.e. In order to get Secured connection option you have to login with Credentials and authentication type should be Enterprise. As per my knowledge when authentication type other than Enterprise ( Windows AD, Windows NT, LDAP) you won't get Shared Connection option.

Cheers,

Suresh Aluri.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Suresh,

When you said "when authentication type other than Enterprise ( Windows AD, Windows NT, LDAP) you won't get Shared Connection option.", you meant Secured Connection not Shared?

Khanh Tran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes Secured connection.

Cheers,

Suresh Aluri.