cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cost assignment in travel management and cost assignment in payroll

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i have a doubt regarding the cost assignment when we are paying espense reports via payroll: i have a cetain internal order, WBS, or cost center (different from my master cost center) assigned to my trip... When i run the payroll my travel expenses will be assigned to my master cost center (payroll) or to my travel cost center, WBS or internal order??

To i guarantee that i can have different cost assignment to payroll and to travel expenses should i customize it in some Infotype or in which step in the SPRO, or is this standard?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Teresa

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Teresa,

System checks the cost assignment in below priority and post the trip to same.

1. Check if cost assignment has changed during the trip creation manually in trip. If yes then post to same.

2. If step 1 is not successful, then check the Info type 0017, if any cost object is maintained there then post to same.

3. If step 2 is not successful, then check the info type 0027, if any cost object is maintained there then post to same.

4. If all steps fail, take the cost object from useru2019s master data i.e. info type 0001.

If you assign any cost object while creating a trip, it doesnu2019t require assigning in master data.

Cheers,

Vaibhav

Former Member
0 Kudos

You neet to maintain a cost assignment in HR masterdata on the employee. But you can overrule this cost-assignment in either IT0027, IT0017 or directly in the travel.

Rgs,

Kjersti

kmoore007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you assign a cost allocation in the trip itself, it will use that cost allocation, which defaults from infotype 0001 if maintained. If you want to always differentiate the travel cost center, you can use infotype 27 - Cost Allocation, subtype 02.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi... but my poin is: i need to assign in master data or is enough to change the cost assignment durin the trip creation?

Thanks.

Regards,

Teresa