cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Input help inside an adobe interactive forms

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I'm currently implementing a Webdynpro ABAP application containing a Interactive forms.

I'm using Adobe Live Cycle Designer 8.0, Acrobat reader 9.2, Internet Explorer 7.0

My problem is that when I click on the "input help" button inside the adobe form, he automatically refresh all the forms UI element with their initial values. Is-it a refresh event included when we pressed the "Input help" button or an other event? How Can I deactivate that action, event?

Because since he automatically refresh my form data I loose the context current values.

Thanks in advance,

Louis

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear sirs, has any progress been achieved? Any useful information/ experience to share? I have a problem that can be connected with what you´ve been discussed here. Thank you, Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

The issue was that we haven't the right support package level, so we go to sap note 1354405 and made the correction.

Best regards,

Louis

RalfRuth
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Louis,

We made a lot of efforts to avoid refreshing the Adobe Reader during server roundtrips. Actually, the Adobe Reader has to be refreshed if the templateSource has been changed dynamically, the interactiveForm UI-element has been replaced dynamically or attachments will be used in the interactive form (which is NOT SUPPORTED for SAP NetWeaver Rel. 7.0/EhP1!). The value helps should definitely not cause an Adobe Reader refresh.

There's a Web Dynpro ABAP test application WDR_TEST_ADOBE available for all releases which contains a test for the value helps: Navigate to Test Cases -> ZCI -> XML-Schnittstelle (Engl: XML-Interface) -> Version 2 -> Editieren ValueHelp

What's the behaviour of the test application?

Is it possible that you (re-) initialize the interactiveForm UI-element in WDDOMODIFYVIEW by calling IF_WD_VIEW~RESET_VIEW or recreate the interactiveForm UI-element?

Greetings,

Ralf

NoJo
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi,

how (where/when) do you set your initial values?

data binding of the form fields is correct?

do you use an xml interface??

norbert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi norbert,

Thanks for reply.

yes the data binding of the form is correct because I tested the same application with a webdynpro abap layout, i.e.: UI elements of webdynpro without any adobe form and the result is good.

Yes I used an XML interface.

When I click on the input help and select a value in the range proposed then click ok. that input help will automatically refresh all the form values of the form to their initial values. Something going wrong with input help..? Maybe something should be added? patch? the suport package stack is 18.

Secondly when I select a value within a dropdown list and go through debug to see the value he pick-up he gives me for that value of the dropdown list 00000 instead of the real value of the selected element within dropdown.

The strange thing is that in an other environment it's working. The version of adobe is the same.....

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Louis

NoJo
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi,

i thought of databinding in the form.

difficult, the "readonly" attribute and the "enabled" of the ui element are set in a correct way??

do you use acf or zci? ZCI is recommended (native), has your form the zci script included??

norbert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Norbert,

Thanks for reply, yes I use ZCI and I inserted the Webdynpro script through Utilities.

Best Regards,

Louis

NoJo
Active Participant
0 Kudos

>

> Hi Norbert,

>

> Thanks for reply, yes I use ZCI and I inserted the Webdynpro script through Utilities.

>

> Best Regards,

> Louis

strange, but you could compare the version of the zci scripting

in your form in the hierarchy tab there are variables and the ContainerFoundation_JS script --> the first line

// DO NOT MODIFY THE CODE BEYOND THIS POINT - xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx - ContainerFoundation_JS gives you the requested information about the scripting version...have a look at this version...

norbert

perhaps this note helps:

Note 999998 - Analyzing errors with Adobe Integration of Web Dynpro ABAP

--> for debugging!

A client debug function is available as of SAP NetWeaver Release 7.00 Support Package 19 (or after you implement Note 1287114) and for all Enhancement Packages. Activate this client debug function using the URL parameter "sap-wd-clientDebug=X" (attach it to the URL using "&"). You can then activate the client trace using the key combination <CTRL><ALT><SHIFT>T (move the focus to a Web Dynpro UI element, for example, to an InputField, do NOT move the focus to Adobe Reader). The system opens a new browser window with the trace output. The trace may contain an error entry ("Network Error", and so on). The URL also activates the Adobe document services (ADS) trace. The trace outputs of the ADS are copied to the generated PDF document as an attachment. Open the file "Error.pdf" of the ADS trace: Form errors (for example, script errors) are listed there.

Edited by: Norbert Prager on Oct 24, 2009 7:31 PM